Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Formula Recs

Hi Ladies,

Our LO starts daycare in a week and a half (boo =0( )  and even though I EBF, we have to provide a jar of formula to have there on hand.  I am wondering what formula you use and what made you decide to use what you do.  I am totally at a lose as to which brand to go with, how/when to introduce it, etc.  Thanks.

Also, what is the website that rates all the different products for babies?  I thought it was lucyslist.com, but that didn't work.  Thanks!  =0)

Bobby and Jules Est. 07-12-2008. We welcomed Nolan 08-20-2011. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Formula Recs

• Options
    We use Enfamil Gentlease because LO is extremely gassy. I would just get a can of regular Enfamil /Similac/Goodstart, etc. to have on hand. There's really no need for a special kind, since they'll be using your milk. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We use Good Start Gentle. What is their reasoning? Why would they give formula? My DC doesn't require I leave anything when we start. I'll be pre-measuring in powder dispensers since he gets rice cereal for reflux too.

Pregnancy%20ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagefairy_diva:
    We use Good Start Gentle. What is their reasoning? Why would they give formula? My DC doesn't require I leave anything when we start. I'll be pre-measuring in powder dispensers since he gets rice cereal for reflux too.

I will be packing bottles for LO to eat from, so he will only be getting my milk while at daycare.  However, it's their policy that they have something there as an absolute last resort.  They don't use it without our permission first though.  

Bobby and Jules Est. 07-12-2008. We welcomed Nolan 08-20-2011. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    do they have a freezer? my LO is EBF and at daycare too. i make her bottles for the day and i also provide 2 bags of frozen breast milk as "emergency backups" should she be extra hungry or something. i just had to clearly label the milk with her name and put it in 2 plastic bags.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If this is for last resort/emergency (hurricane/storm/etc) type situations and they'll call you first, I'd just leave whatever unless baby has any known allergies. If you (or a friend) got any samples in the mail or your pedi has any samples, one of those cans would be perfect.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"