April 2012 Moms

How we told my mom about LO. costume PIP

I dressed up as freddy krueger for Halloween because it was the first thing I saw laying around my house and decided to stop over at my moms to surprise her (so that she couldn't talk her way out of seeing me). Of course my bump was pretty noticeable through the three holes (My costume is stretched and ripping *sadface*). She was pretty shocked/upset that I was having another baby but that was overshadowed by her anger at the fact that I'm getting married. Instead of blurting out that I'm engaged I asked her if she liked the knife glove on my right hand then asked if she liked the ring on my left hand. She flipped out on poor DF because one hes 23 and I'm 17 and two she thinks of us as siblings because when DF and I both had our parents walk out on us we ended up being raised by the same set of parents for about 2 and a half years. We're not completely sure how living in the same house makes us brother and sister but in her head it does. So what if we've known each other for my entire life? That doesn't make us related. She also hates my costume.She says I look like a hooker and I don't particularly disagree with that but the way I see it she should be glad I didn't go home and dress up like a belly dancer like DF suggested. Took this pic long before my BFP. Overall I'm just glad to get it off my chest and be out to everyone who saw me tonight without having to say a word.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How we told my mom about LO. costume PIP

• Before I got to your last sentence... I thought you were saying you were pregnant in the picture. I was nearly about to cry! LOL! I was like "baby bump? WHERE?"

I'm sorry about your mom. I dont know the situation.. but I am truly sorry. It can be difficult to not have the support of a mom. Likewise, you have your FI who supports you which is important.

• I am sorry her reaction wasn't the best, but it is good that you told her. She will come around.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry your mom wasn't thrilled about it, hopefully she comes around soon.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageeav2c:

Before I got to your last sentence... I thought you were saying you were pregnant in the picture. I was nearly about to cry! LOL! I was like "baby bump? WHERE?"

Lol oh gosh no!  my brother snapped that one of me on the way to a costume party a few months back. I'm definitely thinking about taking a comparison picture. I'm headed to another party this weekend so maybe I'll get a chance to take one then

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"