Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

What info do you leave for babysitters?

I'm leaving DD w/ a neighbor for the first time and am making an info sheet for her.

Thanks for your help!

~Annie Marie~
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
natural m/c 3.28.08, image
My Blog

Re: What info do you leave for babysitters?

• Options

I usually leave too much but hey ya never know...

where we are going, what time we'll be home, what times & what to give for feedings/bed, things he likes to play with & phone our phone #'s etc..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Make sure she has your cell phone numbers and emergency contact info.

I'd also tell her where you're going and what time you should be back, feeding time/instructions, bed time routine (if necessary), and anything special about LO (diet, medicine, etc).

Also go over house rules. Is it okay if she helps herself to a snack? Can she use the phone? Are visitors allowed?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Contact and emergency phone numbers, his daily routine (mealtimes and naptime), allergy info sheet with medicines listed, where the snacks are located (I have them on a high shelf so DS can't get into them all day long) and where the fridge is located (it's not in our kitchen - it's in a store room downstairs).

We also go over the house rules. Whether they can watch movies (and which ones are appropriate for DS), whether they can eat snacks and have guests. I always ask that the babysitter takes care of whatever dishes they use and pick up the toys that are strewn around the house. I don't mind a guest as long as I know and trust them around DS. They have to clear the guest with me before they invite them over. We also say that there is absolutely no smoking in the house. We had one of the babysitter's guests one day leave a full ashtray on the coffee table, and the house reeked.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our contact info is always on my fridge. If I was leaving the girls with someone new I might write down foods they like, bed/nap times, favorite toys and shows. Otherwise, everything else is verbal.
  • Options
    imageBananas0827:

Contact and emergency phone numbers, his daily routine (mealtimes and naptime), allergy info sheet with medicines listed, where the snacks are located (I have them on a high shelf so DS can't get into them all day long) and where the fridge is located (it's not in our kitchen - it's in a store room downstairs).

We also go over the house rules. Whether they can watch movies (and which ones are appropriate for DS), whether they can eat snacks and have guests. I always ask that the babysitter takes care of whatever dishes they use and pick up the toys that are strewn around the house. I don't mind a guest as long as I know and trust them around DS. They have to clear the guest with me before they invite them over. We also say that there is absolutely no smoking in the house. We had one of the babysitter's guests one day leave a full ashtray on the coffee table, and the house reeked.

What?  I hope you never used that sitter again.

Why is your fridge somewhere other than the kitchen?  PITA I assume?!

• Options

I would also leave LO's age in case they have to call 911.  Obv. more important for a little baby, but not bad info to have.

Secrets for happy bedtime routine and other tricks.

• Options

I put down our contact info, including both cells an the number for where we'll be.

I also put our home address and main road intersections, in case they have to call someone to get there.

I'll sometimes write down a Motrin dosage, just in case, but this would really only be for someone like MIL because a non-family member would call before giving him anything, anyway. 

Other than that, I just give them a verbal rundown of the routine, tell them where everything is, etc.  

• Options

Food that should be eaten

Rough estimate of nap time, if any

My cell phone number

Approximate time of return

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"