Stay at Home Moms

Hello!

Hello everyone! I am a SAHM to my DD who is almost 2. I am mostly on the 2IF board, but wanted to introduce myself here, as I am always looking for fellow SAHM's to talk to.

I was a real estate agent up until DD's birth and thought that I would go back to it when she was 3. But, I've decided to make the full commitment to my family and stay home for good. It took awhile to come to this decision. I grew up in a household where both my parents worked and I thought that was the only option.

What were everyone's reason for becoming a stay at home mom? For me, I was a very lonely "latch-key" child and never wanted my kids to feel the same. Also, I have an amazing husband who is willing to do anything so I can stay home. Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view

Re: Hello!

• Welcome!

My reasons are very similar to yours.  My parents both worked full time when I was a kid.  I was always in after school day care until I was old enough to go home by myself (maybe 5th grade?).  I didn't have any siblings and always wished my mom was home after school and also could attend more of my daytime school events.  So that is part of the reason I stay home.   

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome I mostly post on the August 2010 board. My DS is 14 months old. Both of my parents worked but i was lucky that my grandmother kept us( i have a borther who is 22 months younger) from the time i was 6 weeks until I was 16. So I was never in daycare. My mom was also VERY involved in our school lives.

I always wanted to be a SAHM, but I honestly didnt think momey wise I would ever be able to. I worked for the state and did the background checks for daycare workers. I saw the kind of people that they allow to care for children and knew i didnt want that type of people watching my LO. My mom has the time in to be able to retire but wasnt ready to. When my boss found out i was PG they fired me, actually said to my mom(who works in personal at the same place) that this would have not happened if i had kept my legs closes, however, because she is my mom and no one else heard him, it stuck because they said it was due to cutbacks. My MIL had 2 srtokes back into April 2010 and needed someone to help take care of her. So it was decided that she would move in with us I would SAH with her and DS.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickersimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"