Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Anyone else not feel like...

Working out?  I used to run, A LOT before I got pregnant.  Then we had some complications, so I stopped running and started with a mini work out, then more complications and got put on bed rest so no workouts, and now over 5 months later... no workouts.  I really WANT to start running again and I remember how great I felt and looked, but I have no motivation to go.  I work part time and the other time I'm taking care of LO, cleaning, doing laundry, or whatever (and DH does do his fair share, but he has a very demading job and is gone most nights till at least 8-9pm, so by the time he comes home, yeah, I'm over the day) We have a wii and I have all the "work out" games, just never get off my butt to do them, I just feel like by the time LO goes down for bed, and I do whatever needs done, I'm really to sit down, relax and go to bed.  Anyone else feel this way?

**Sorry this turned into a rambling vent**

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Anyone else not feel like...

• Does your gym have child care? Or maybe try and coordinate to work out with a friend so you're more likely to stick to going.Try setting a time you know you'll have the most success with.

It is really hard to get back into, but once you get into it it's not that bad especially because you said you use to work out all the time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was going to post the EXACT same thing.  When I was pregnant my midwife told me to stop running :( (Although I read that many pregnant women do it safely, I was too scared that something would happen and I would have to tell her I broke her rule)

All I could think about while pregnant was how much I missed running and I can't wait to start again after the baby is born.  Well, I have been on a few runs but nothing routine yet.  I am just going to wait untill after the holidays and really try to start up again.  It is just too much to start now with just returning to work and dealing with the baby during the nightime wakeups.  My new workout is called the "paci put in".  I am sure you have done it! You make a mad dash upstairs to the nursery to replace the paci before LO wakes up.  Oh and I also do the "crib lean" it is where you lean over the crib and rock/pat your baby to sleep untill the backs of your thighs burn. 

We will return to our healthy selves in time.  I am planning on signing up for a few spring 5ks.  Fear is a great motivator ;)

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so with you!!!!  I wasn't huge in to working out before but I wasn't this lazy either.  Around 6-7 wks post partum I started running a bit and then got an infection and had to stop a bit--then it was one thing after another health-wise and I haven't gotten back.  I even tried Weight Watchers and confess I'm a drop out of that too.

I too work part-time and sometimes I think it's tougher in some ways that working full-time because we're actually home to make a mess!!  LOL.  I worked over a year full time after DS1 so I kind of can compare.  I thought for sure I'd have tons of time to work out--and I did for a while when it was just me and DS1---but now...forget it.  There are only two days a week I could go to the "gym"---and honestly, I'm not sure I want my littlest guy in the daycare childcare area.  It's dirty and kids of every age---I don't even trust my own 3 yr old with him...let alone a different one. 

• imageBella12:

Working out?  I used to run, A LOT before I got pregnant.  Then we had some complications, so I stopped running and started with a mini work out, then more complications and got put on bed rest so no workouts, and now over 5 months later... no workouts.  I really WANT to start running again and I remember how great I felt and looked, but I have no motivation to go.  I work part time and the other time I'm taking care of LO, cleaning, doing laundry, or whatever (and DH does do his fair share, but he has a very demading job and is gone most nights till at least 8-9pm, so by the time he comes home, yeah, I'm over the day) We have a wii and I have all the "work out" games, just never get off my butt to do them, I just feel like by the time LO goes down for bed, and I do whatever needs done, I'm really to sit down, relax and go to bed.  Anyone else feel this way?

**Sorry this turned into a rambling vent**

That is totally me. Before I got pregnant, I worked out at least every other day. I was AD military so had to stay in shape. Now the only reason I get any exercise is bc if I don't walk my dog daily, he turns into a lunatic LOL I keep thinking I'll turn it into jogging but that hasn't happened yet :/ 

__________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • imagejchristo3117:

We will return to our healthy selves in time.  I am planning on signing up for a few spring 5ks.  Fear is a great motivator ;)

That's a great idea! I've been toying with this also. Maybe trying the C25K to get ready for it.  

__________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • I'm totally the same way. It doesn't help that DS hates everyone but me, haha, so child care at the gym or even leaving him with DH is not an option, and we haven't been able to afford a jogging stroller yet. I got a Jillian Michaels DVD, but I just can't get into it. Jogging is my thing. Maybe by Spring... 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"