3rd Trimester

Sharp Pains followed by BH?

First off, Happy Halloween!

I keep having this sharp pains - the current one is about an inch above my belly button and a little to the left. Previous ones were lower right of my bump and lower left. Each pain lasts a couple seconds - this one above my belly button has lasted about 20 seconds. However, as soon as the sharp pain passes, I get a strong BH. They are random - ranging 10 to 15 minutes apart. I'm wondering if it's just how I was sitting. I've repositioned - but something doesn't seem right.

Does anyone else have any experience with this??

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sharp Pains followed by BH?

• I don't have any experience with this but I would trust your instinct. If something doesn't feel right then call your dr. It's better to be safe than sorry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Called the doc. Headed in to L&D to be checked out.

• Loading the player...
  • I had this starting around 26 weeks.  My doctor said that it was likely due to my uterus expanding and may happen from time to time but if I changed positions and drank lots of water and they persisted for more than an hour or were accompanied by any bleeding to call right away. They always went away for me after awhile but were definitely uncomfortable. If you are worried though don't hesitate to call your OB or MW.

• imagehblack10:
    Called the doc. Headed in to L&D to be checked out.

Hope everything turns out okay!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was having this issue last week.  Went to the hospital to get checked and it turned out to be ligament pains.  Doctor told me to make sure to keep hydrated and if the pain persisted take two Tylenol and lay down with a heating pad.
    BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family
  • We're home...thank goodness. :) We were told it's my LO's feet rammed up against the top of my uterus. "He's just helping it expand as quickly as he can..."

He's fine, thank goodness. :) He's active now {hasn't stopped moving since they put the fetal monitor on him} and the BH were mild enough they weren't even picked up on the monitor. So...we're good. *sigh*  Now, I'm off to bed. :) Good night/morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"