Parenting
Options

Update on DS' teeth (with pic)

The pediatric dental office did x-rays and the good news is that nothing is fractured.  His top teeth are now crooked and loose, and she said they may continue to loosen and fall out much earlier than they otherwise would have, or they could just tighten up in their new positions.  They may turn blue, yellow, gray, brown or black, or they may not.  I need to watch for signs of abscess, and he has to be on a soft diet with no biting or tearing of food with those teeth until she sees him again in 2 weeks.  She said it isn't good, but it also looks worse than it is.  I am so relieved!  Alex has been a real trooper about it all and enjoyed trick or treating tonight.

As for the school, I am scheduled to volunteer in DD's class tomorrow morning, so my plan is to pop into his room around lunchtime to give him a dose of Motrin, so I'm going to talk to his teacher then just to see if she's even aware that there was a pushing incident and figure it out from there.  I don't want the other kid punished or labeled, I just to make sure everyone knows what happened so the recess monitors can be more on top of things and in case its a pattern with this kid.

My poor baby!  :(

Jenni ~~Alex & Avery ~~ 6/13/06~~Adam ~~3/26/08

Re: Update on DS' teeth (with pic)

• Options
    Poor thing.  Hope everything works out!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    damn. I'm sorry. I'd be upset!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This is the worst injury I have seen a kid intentionally inflict on another kid.  I've seen injuries and even broken bones from horse play where both parties were guilty, but nothing so serious from a one-sided attack.

You are not over-reacting by following up with the school on what is being done. 

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • Options
    imageJ&A2008:

This is the worst injury I have seen a kid intentionally inflict on another kid.  I've seen injuries and even broken bones from horse play where both parties were guilty, but nothing so serious from a one-sided attack.

You are not over-reacting by following up with the school on what is being done. 

I have to agree with this, I agree with trying to remain calm but your son's side of the story is that this kid pushed him on purpose, that's horrible.  I hope he is feeling ok and that it heals quickly.

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options
    imageLittlejen22:
    imageJ&A2008:

I have to agree with this, I agree with trying to remain calm but your son's side of the story is that this kid pushed him on purpose, that's horrible.  I hope he is feeling ok and that it heals quickly.

Hope everything goes better.

• Options

Just a quick tooth note...

My daughter had a nasty fall in our home (running from carpet to hardwood with socks).  Her front tooth took the brunt of the fall.  It just kept bleeding from the gum and it looked exactly like that.  It was a bit loose and eventually turned brown.  We thought for sure she would lose it but it rerooted and looks great now.  It didn't do any damage to it's permanent tooth or the roots.  Anway good luck!  Obviously only soft foods, hands out of mouth etc.  Hope he is feeling better soon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"