Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Birth announcement etiquette

Are there any "rules" for birth announcements?  I'm putting a list together and have about 100 names on it.  I think I'm being unreasonably excessive (and I don't want to go buy stamps).  Who did you/plan to send announcements to?

Also, there isn't a gift grabby association with announcements the way there might be one with invitations, is there?  I have no problem showing off my little peanut to everyone, but I'd hate to send out a ton of announcements if people would feel pressure to send something.  

Thanks for your input!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Birth announcement etiquette

• Options
    We sent out at 25 announcements. They were sent to our immediate families, grandparents, close aunts & uncles and a handful of close friends. I also sent one to my work so my boss could put it up on the bulletin board for all of my co-workers to see. They loved it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We sent about 42. They went to both of our families, close friends, and coworkers. Actually I used the same list of people I sent our baby shower invitations to. (regardless if they made it to the shower)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                  Madison & Rylee
                             All of me loves all of you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I sent 50. 

Family and close friends. Plus both our offices.

Hey of they send gifts, yay! Lol  

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I ordered 100 and sent out 75. I don't think it's gift grabby at all! I didn't send them out expecting gifts I just wanted everyone to get a look at him! I sent them out to everyone that attended the shower and all family members that live far. Well, pretty much just sent them to everyone! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We're doing a joint announcement/Christmas card so basically anyone who usually gets a Christmas card will also get an announcement.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I sent out about 80 announcements to family, close friends, a few coworkers, and anyone who came to one of my showers.  We moved to the Midwest shortly before DD's birth and I wanted to make sure everyone got a picture since they won't be seeing her in person until we get back East for the holidays when she's 4 months old.

I don't think anyone would assume you're fishing for gifts because you've sent them an announcement.  Actually, I would be more offended if I went to a shower and gave a nice gift and then didn't get an announcement.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    imagewintermama11:

I sent out about 80 announcements to family, close friends, a few coworkers, and anyone who came to one of my showers.  We moved to the Midwest shortly before DD's birth and I wanted to make sure everyone got a picture since they won't be seeing her in person until we get back East for the holidays when she's 4 months old.

I don't think anyone would assume you're fishing for gifts because you've sent them an announcement.  Actually, I would be more offended if I went to a shower and gave a nice gift and then didn't get an announcement.

I haven't sent mine out yet but this is my plan, pretty much exactly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"