March 2012 Moms
Options

Registering for Online Only vs. In Store

So I was looking at baby stuff online, kinda doing some online window shopping before I make my actual registry. There were a few things that I found that I really liked and want but were only available online.

What's the typical protocol for that type of thing? Should you only put things on your registry that are available in store?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Registering for Online Only vs. In Store

• Options

I don't think it's a big deal.  Some people prefer ordering online, and it's not like you're forcing anyone to get it.  Plus, if it's on your registry and no one buys it, the store usually gives you a discount on it. 

Anyway, my husband and I registered on Amazon, and that's entirely online.  Go for it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If you register in store you usually get coupons and some sort of free gift. Once you have registered in the store then you just go online and add to your registery.
    a>Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

i would register for whatever you want.  a lot of stores will give you a discount for things that you purchase off your registry. 

me personally i like to see the item in person so i can touch it, well depends on what it is, and see the quality.  there have been quite a few things that i liked online until i got there and saw it and was like, oh that's a piece of crap. 

also i'm sure some ppl will prefer to buy online.  it can be really convenient, especially for ppl who live out of state and don't have a particular store nearby.

• Options
    You can kind of do both. I went to https://babyli.st and put everything on it that I found from online-only stores etc. Then I found my registry at BRU online, and added everything from that list onto the babyli.st so that when someone wants to reserve something from babyli.st it directs them to the item on my registry, then they can purchase it off there. kwim? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have a registry at Target and Babies R Us and there are a few items on each that are internet only.  (Why is it that the cutest things are online only?)  I don't expect that I will get them.  I will just use my discount afterward to purchase them.  

My family and my husband's family do not shop online for showers.  I doubt that my friends will either.  Most people I know don't purchase a shower gift until the week of the shower so they don't purchase online because the gift won't arrive in time.  That and paying shipping.

I would still put the items on your registry if you want them.  Maybe someone will buy them and if not just use the completion discount.   

• Options
    imagelulling:

I have a registry at Target and Babies R Us and there are a few items on each that are internet only.  (Why is it that the cutest things are online only?)  I don't expect that I will get them.  I will just use my discount afterward to purchase them.  

My family and my husband's family do not shop online for showers.  I doubt that my friends will either.  Most people I know don't purchase a shower gift until the week of the shower so they don't purchase online because the gift won't arrive in time.  That and paying shipping.

I would still put the items on your registry if you want them.  Maybe someone will buy them and if not just use the completion discount.   

See this is the same boat I'm in. DH's family won't shop online, mine will though. And most of my friends and people I know also shop last minute. (Heck, so do I) But I never realized you could get discounts on the items you buy off your registry that weren't bought so I'll just go ahead and add them anway!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I registered on Amazon.com and set up a registry at Babies R Us for those who want to go into a store. However, most of the items we will be registering for will be on Amazon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"