December 2010 Moms
Options

Are they still "babies"?

Are our LO's still "babies"? It feels a little funny to be calling an almost-one year old a baby. And if they're not "babies" what are they? Do I say to the boss "sorry i can't work late, i have to pick my toddler up from daycare"? :o) I'm being a bit tongue in cheek here, hope you get that!

Re: Are they still "babies"?

• Options
    From what I understand, technically at 1 year they become toddlers regardless of walking. Yeah, it sounds weird to call them that in conversation, but at this point they're becoming.....kids. Indifferent

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options

Not after one. We'll stop calling her a baby at that point.

I think I'd just say "I have to pick up X at daycare" or I have to pick up my kid."

BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I'm still going to be saying "I have to pick up my baby...from college."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I say they're toddlers after age 1, regardless of walking. Nora walks and she's still a baby as far as I'm concerned!
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageTBLilyRose:
    I'm pretty sure I'm still going to be saying "I have to pick up my baby...from college."

LOL this!

My oldest sister still calls me her "baby sister", so it just sticks sometimes!

• Options

imageTBLilyRose:

totally 

• Options

imageTBLilyRose:

Yes

i just don't think she seems like a "toddler" yet, and don't see that changing at a year. probably by age 2 i'll be able to think about it. :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Really? I thought they were babies until age 2. No? I'm going by clothing sizes here, since it goes from 18-24 months to 2T. Until there's a "T" on her clothes, she's not a toddler :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

imagetiffanyp:
    Really? I thought they were babies until age 2. No? I'm going by clothing sizes here, since it goes from 18-24 months to 2T. Until there's a "T" on her clothes, she's not a toddler :)

I like this.  Mostly because DD can still fit into 6 month clothes, so I feel like she'll be 3 before I have to by any T sized clothes... esp if I don't buy her any pants.

image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Options

imageTBLilyRose:

Ditto!  C will always be my "baby."

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

imageTBLilyRose:

Yes

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"