December 2011 Moms

XP: DIY baby book inspiration?

I splurged and ordered a baby book from Etsy ($60+)...got it today, and although it's very nicely made, I just didn't LOVE it, especially for that price.  Fortunately, I can return it.

The reason I didn't love it is because it had a lot of things I didn't really care for--I realized I would prefer to customize the information and not have silly things take up space--things that may not be silly for others, but a waste of creative space for me.  And then there wasn't enough space for some of the things I felt were more important.

Sooooo, I guess I will make my own.  I google'd DIY baby books, but was wondering if anyone had any inspiration to share?  Any favorite printable templates?

image imageimage Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Anniversary

Re: XP: DIY baby book inspiration?

• I'm wondering about the same thing. I definitely can't afford to drop $60 on a scrapbook but I want to put something together where I can keep baby's footprints, etc. I have no clue what to do, never scrapbooked in my life and I don't think I have the creativity for it...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I would check out stuff at either Hobby Lobby (if you have one near you), JoAnns, or Michaels for inspiration.  I love to scrapbook and was able to get stuff for my pregnancy scrapbook - but I'm sure they have stuff for a baby one, too.  I'm just waiting to start that until later.

Personally, I'll be making mine month-to-month style...take pics of LO and her milestones and add them in that way.  The first part of it will have her info (weight, etc) and footprints.

Sorry...I don't think I'm that much help :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Since we're a 2-mom family it is virtually impossible to find a baby book that doesn't have dad all over it.  There are only 1 or 2 baby books on the market for "alternative" families and they're hideous...and I only found a couple on Ets.y (that were $100).  So I ended up going through mixbook (I had a groupon) and designing my own.  I looked through tons of samples and tables of contents so I could get all the prompts and here's what I came up with: 

https://www.mixbook.com/photo-books/interests/boy-oh-boy-6090928

Really the website is for photobooks but I wanted something more traditional that I could fill in as we go.  I'll just use photo squares for the pictures and will affix an envelope or two to the back cover for cards and such.  I hope this helps...

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagessarahtops:

Since we're a 2-mom family it is virtually impossible to find a baby book that doesn't have dad all over it.  There are only 1 or 2 baby books on the market for "alternative" families and they're hideous...and I only found a couple on Ets.y (that were $100).  So I ended up going through mixbook (I had a groupon) and designing my own.  I looked through tons of samples and tables of contents so I could get all the prompts and here's what I came up with: 

Really the website is for photobooks but I wanted something more traditional that I could fill in as we go.  I'll just use photo squares for the pictures and will affix an envelope or two to the back cover for cards and such.  I hope this helps...

Your book is so cute!!  I love all the stuff it has in it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am also using mixbook to print my pictures as I don't scrapbook. As for a baby book I am using a three-ring binder and have sections. I have calender pages in the front so I can quickly write down things he does, baby shower page (I didn't devote much to this section as I scanned in all those elements in to a pregnancy picture book), Hand/Feet prints, Announcement, the world around me, My first room, Dr appt. and immunizations, My firsts, My favorites, Foods https://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/ has great pages already made.  Those are just a few ideas, the nice thing about making your own is it is personal. I also have a CD case that I can keep pictures while I'm collecting for printing.
  • imagessarahtops:

Since we're a 2-mom family it is virtually impossible to find a baby book that doesn't have dad all over it.  There are only 1 or 2 baby books on the market for "alternative" families and they're hideous...and I only found a couple on Ets.y (that were $100).  So I ended up going through mixbook (I had a groupon) and designing my own.  I looked through tons of samples and tables of contents so I could get all the prompts and here's what I came up with: 

This is ABSOLUTELY adorable!  I may just have to steal your entire idea!  I'm thinking about something similar for both our parents for Christmas... maybe without so much fill in the blank - but more of pictures as you go...!  THanks for sharing!   

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're doing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4vkVHijdQk

The main reason is because we can do it anytime, anywhere. I'll probably do a yearly photobook as well.

Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • I am doing a photobook to document everything about the pregnancy (ultrasound photos, gender reveal party, bump shots, baby shower, etc).  I already have it put together up to now, and am just waiting for the last few weeks of photos to get it printed.  For the actual baby book, I'm doing two things:

1.  shutterfly runs free photobook deals all the time, and my sister used them to put together a book every month for the first year of my nephew's life.  I'm going to do that too so we can keep photos and such.

2. My mom got me a calendar 'baby book' as well as a traditional book.  I think I'll keep up with the calendar one more because I can just write the event right on the date when it happens.  I will probably go back and transfer stuff from the calendar to the traditional baby book as I have time. 

laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for the great tips!

image imageimage Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"