Infertility

Menopur?

Is 3 vials of menopur a big dose to start IVF with? I am in an IVF trial and that's what they started everyone on.
TTC since 06/2010 HSG-clear,SA-good DX:Unexplained IUI#1-(May) 100mg of clomid +trigger + progerstrone supp=BFN IUlI#2-(June) 100mg of clomide+trigger+progesterone supp=BFN JuLy Break for vaca. IUI#3 (Aug) 100mg of clomid+trigger+progesterone=BFN IVF trial started in Oct-Nov ER-15 Retrieved, 13 mature, 11 fertilized. 5dt on 11-15-11 Beta #1 9dp 5dt= 107 Beta#2 331 Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Menopur?

• I think it depends on the person and the diagnosis.  For my first IVF, I did 4 Bravelle and 1 Menopur.  The cycle I'm about to start in a couple of weeks he has me on 4 of each. 

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My calendar originally had me starting with 3 Menopur and 3 Bravelle daily.  My Dr was worried I would overstimulate, so he decreased it to 2 right away.  After 1 follie check they upped me to 3 vials each and I stayed on that dose for the rest of the time.  I stimmed for 14 days.  So, to answer your question, no I don't think it's high to start on.  If anything, they'll just decrease it if you're producing too quickly. 

good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Since the criteria to be in the trial is so narrow, I would assume that this is the usual start dose for that type of person (eg, no PCOS, no DOR, all hormones within normal range, etc). The study does allow for going up or down after 5 days of stims. I went up by one vial on day 6, and then up again by 1 vial on day 7. 

I don't know about you, but I was a blank slate-- I have never has any ovarian stimulation before of any kind. So, I am assuming there is always a bit of trial and error in this process. 

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• I started out with 3 bravelle and was moved up to 5 bravelle and 1 menopur by the time I triggered. I think it all depends on the person.
  • I started with 3 and went to 4 toward the middle to end of stimming.
    TTC 1/2010 DH Dx - Azoospermia 2/2011
    Hysteroscopy 3/2011 2 Polyps removed 4/2011
    DH on Clomid / Arimidex to address hormonal issues - Sperm found July 2011!
    IVF #1 September 2011 - ER 9/8/2011- 8R, 5M - icsi - 1 made it to transfer - BFFN :-(
    IVF #2 Lucky November 2011 - ER 11/25/2011 - 15 eggs!, 13 mature, 10 fertilized with isci - 7 made it to transfer! Transferred 1 - 8 cell and 2 - 7 cell. BFP!!!!
    1st U/S - Twins! 2nd U/S - 3 heartbeats!!! - HOLY COW!!!
    Prayers for our take home babies!
    2 babies born on 3/27/12 and lost. Last baby born on 3/29/12 and lost at 20 weeks.
    My angels grew wings shortly after birth.
    Ahava Raisel, Matisyahu Nissim & Zev Chaim - Mommy and Daddy will always love you.
    IVF #3 July 2012 - ER 7/17/2012 - 10 R. 5 F. 4 made it to ET
    Transferred 2 on 7/20/2012 no snow babies :-(
    Beta on 7/31/2012 = BFMFN
    A miracle gift expected to come to us through adoption around 9/2012
    Baby girl adopted - Birth Mother changed her mind and took the baby back
    IVF #4 October 2012 - New RE. Doing PGD Testing. 8 R, 7F, 2 made it to 5 day blast for PDG testing. Both Normal (Thank you G-d!!!) 1 boy and 1 girl
    transferred one beautiful 5day blast (girl)
    Please G-d the almighty one - let this be our take home baby!
    Beta #1 158, Beta #2 318, 1 Absolutely magnificent HB at 175! Thank you G-d!!!
    Baby Girl born August 5th. Thank you G-d for our precious miracle.
    AMA. PAIF & SAIF always welcome - I need all the prayers I can get!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"