Baby Names
Options

is Sadie popular?

I love the name Sadie and looked it up and is close to the top 100 for the last few years.  I don't know any babies with this name, is this really that popular? anyone know IRL Sadies?

Re: is Sadie popular?

• Options

Don't be mad...

I do know Sadies but they're all dogs.  Sorry. 

I've never met a human named Sadie.

• Options
    I don't consider names outside of the top 100 to be "popular". Certainly not too popular. And no, I don't know any IRL (or online, now that I think of it)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

LOL! I looked up the name on facebook and the Sadie I had the most friends in common with was a dog's page named Sadie.

imageallisonmarie22:

Don't be mad...

• Options

I'll call it "kinda popular" then.  I  think of my daughter's name which is hovering around 300 and am looking for something around that range so for me 100 is popular. I was just suprised it was that high i guess.

imageHannahO28:
    I don't consider names outside of the top 100 to be "popular". Certainly not too popular. And no, I don't know any IRL (or online, now that I think of it)
  • Options
    imageCityBee:
    imageallisonmarie22:

Don't be mad...

I have to agree with this. Sadie is a great dog name. 

The only Sadies I know are dogs too.  Sandra is a great human name though.

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• Options
    I only know one girl name Sadie and she is 8 super cute and sweet with a very spunky personality
    Me(30) DH(36) TTC #1 since October 2011 <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • Options
    I know 1 Sadie, she's 4 now. And I know of a few other little girls named Sadie.
    Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    **Good luck to gatorwife,MissIntentional&corinne2010! Congrats to Piper2009!
  • Options
    I know its used as a dog name, but I love it! I would consider it if I had a girl!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, I know 3 Sadie's. I consider it relatively popular.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    not to my knowledge
  • Options
    I went to college with a Sadie. Conversely, a girl that I attended high school with had a daughter named Sadie. Lastly, I also know a dog named Sadie.

Sadie seems to cover a lot of ground, for me at least.
  • Options
    Not popular. But I don't think anyone would think she was a dog.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    It always reminds me of Snoop Dogg.... "you know she used to be the homeboy's lady....." 
  • Options

imageDecember192009:
    It always reminds me of Snoop Dogg.... "you know she used to be the homeboy's lady....." 

I wish we could vote on the most awesome response, this would be it!

Also I love Sadie, but DH said he wouldn't name his kid after a dog.  I know one IRL Sadie and she is 1. 

• Options
    imageAnnie10:

NO

And to add to the dog posts. Yes, people name dogs Sadie. I've also known plenty of dogs named Annie, Abby, Sophie and Molly. And yet they are all pretty girls names. 

Thank you!

I am a Sadie IRL. I am 20, and it's not popular in my age group, but I have been hearing of a decent amount of Sadies lately. I would say it would depend on your area, but I think it is climbing a bit, at least from when I was young.

fwiw, i love my name :)  

• Options

2 kids

2 dogs 

Mother of  Sable Rene' & Clifton Michael
    Blog    Names
  • Options
    I know one very cute little girl named Sadie. I think it's a great name!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageallisonmarie22:

Don't be mad...

Same here.  My cousin's ex girlfriend's nickname was Sadie, but her given name was Mercedes, that doesn't really count.

• Options
    no, thank goodness. sorry. i hate the name. it's my aunt's dog's name and i hate that damn dog.
  • Options

I know a Sadie who is in her late 20's. A guy I work with also has a 3 year old daughter named Sadie.

I think it's cute and not super popular.  In my opinion, the fact that there are a lot of dogs with that name shouldn't necessarily stop you.  Lucy and Molly are also pretty popular dog names, but cute girl names too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My cousin Mercedes prefers to be called Cedes or Cede (pronouced Sadie). I don't know if that helps, but it's an idea.
  • Options
    Ive never met a Sadie before
  • Options
    I don't know any Sadies, but Alkaline Trio has a song about a Sadie.

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

• Options
    imageallisonmarie22:

Don't be mad...

Me too. 

• Options

Sadie is one of my favorite names!!! i do think it's more popular than it used to be, but by no means overused.

Great name!!!

I believe Adam Sandler named his daughter Sadie. 

• Options

My cousin's name is Sade, but she goes by Sadie.

My friend's dog's name is Sadie.

I actually LOVE the name, but can't use it because of cousin.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"