March 2012 Moms
Options

Liam club

Not sure if anyone's noticed this yet but have you seen the amount of March mommas naming their sons Liam? I've counted at least 4, including myself! I wonder what the most popular baby names for 2012 will be.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Liam club

• Options
    I was just noticing this today about this board!  I guess it makes sense you'd see it so much here too considering it's #2 on the SSA list.  We're not using Liam, but DH's best friend's son is Liam and it's on top of one of my BFF's list.  
  • Options
    I've always really liked Liam and prefer it as a nickname for William (I just know too many Wills).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This makes me kind of sad since we thought we were picking a nice name that wasn't too popular in 2009.  I still think DS will more than likely be the only Liam in his class but he'll be one of many Liams when he gets to high school and the kids are 2 and 3 years younger...
  • Options
    I've always loved the name Liam since I'm a HUGE fan of Liam Neeson, so when DH agreed to it, I was thrilled! I am a little disappointed that it is becoming so much more  popular, but it's still an uncommon name in my area, so it shouldn't really be a problem for him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyName Ticker Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Liam was our boy name when I was pregnant with DD. We're not using it even though we're having a boy now, but I still really like the name :)
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    I'm in club Liam, too! I thought it was a rather uncommon name, and I guess it is where I am from. But since being on this message board, that opinion has changed!!!
  • Options
    imageLoolaide:

imagelisaNDmike08:
    I was just noticing this today about this board!  I guess it makes sense you'd see it so much here too considering it's #2 on the SSA list.  We're not using Liam, but DH's best friend's son is Liam and it's on top of one of my BFF's list.  

Huh?  It's ranked 30.

Link - https://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/babyname.cgi (you have to type in the name)

We were considering this name, either by itself or as a nickname for William. 

Oops, my bad.  I was totally thinking of Ethan, which is why we're not using that one.  Thanks, pregnancy brain!  ;-)

• Options
    My daughter will be named Liam.
  • Options
    Liam was the number one baby boy name in Canada in 2010.
  • Options

Liam is DH's top pick for a boy's name, as a nickname for William.  I'm pretty sure we're having a boy and I like the name too, so soon I may be joining the club :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"