Success after IF

Is this mild OHSS? follow up

Hi Ladies, I posted on saturday and a bunch of you were kind enough to chime in with advice. I thought I'd give you the update.

Went to my RE this morning for BW. I definately have OHSS, they did an US to view the fluid collecting in my abdomen. My RE is concerned, but not too concerned. He told me to drink water and gatorade, and said take it easy (no exercising, no running, no jumping, no sex). He also put me on a baby asprin a day. I'm supposed to measure my belly and take my weight daily... and go back if there is a significant change.

Unfortunately I'm already up 1 inch from last nights measurement... hoping things level off!!

The good news is that my beta came back great ... a little over 1200!

dx: thin PCOS 5/2011 annovulatory, DH= normal, cycle 1: clomid:clomid:ovidrel:TIC = BFN cycle 2: letrozole:follistim:ovidrel:endometrim IUI= BFN cycle 3: follistim:ovidrel: IUI (10/14/11)= BFP (10dpo beta=36, 13dpo beta= 280, 17dpo beta=1237) 1st US 11/11/11= 1HB + 2 other gest sacs 2nd US 11/18/11= TRIPLETS!! 2 boys and a girl born at 31.5 weeks on may 9th.

Re: Is this mild OHSS? follow up

• I had a feeling that's what was going on. I hope the bloat goes down soon!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • I figured you had OHSS, since your symptoms were the exact same as when I had it. Hopefully it resolves itself soon, and congrats on the great beta number :)
    TTC for 19 months. Dx: PCOS. 3 IUI's with Clomid= BFN 1st IUI with injectables= BFP imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ooh so painful. I had OHSS as well and while it was a good thing because that meant I was pregnant I couldn't stand up straight for a week and was in quite a bit of pain. Does your RE think you have multiples in there?
  • imageLALASEPT05:
    Does your RE think you have multiples in there?

He didn't mention multiples, but I go for my first ultrasound on 11/11, so we'll find out then!!!

Luckily I can wear scrubs to work... I can't fit into any of my regular pants!!! We went out with friends last night and I had to wear black stretchy pants and a loose knit sweater dress to (1) hide my huge belly and (2) because nothing else fit, lol!

I might be investing in some maternity pants early.

dx: thin PCOS 5/2011 annovulatory, DH= normal, cycle 1: clomid:clomid:ovidrel:TIC = BFN cycle 2: letrozole:follistim:ovidrel:endometrim IUI= BFN cycle 3: follistim:ovidrel: IUI (10/14/11)= BFP (10dpo beta=36, 13dpo beta= 280, 17dpo beta=1237) 1st US 11/11/11= 1HB + 2 other gest sacs 2nd US 11/18/11= TRIPLETS!! 2 boys and a girl born at 31.5 weeks on may 9th.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"