April 2012 Moms

Tips for sore throat?

I bought sinus meds and throat drops, both okayed by Dr. But it doesn't seem to help. Will hot chocolate be good or worse to drink? Might be the sinus irritating my throat.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tips for sore throat?

• It depends... I wouldn't say it would be horrible to drink, but you won't know how it feels until you do so.

Also, try warming up some water, putting in some lemon juice and honey. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    #1-BFP 08-22-09 ~ M/C 08-31-09 at 5 weeks 6 days
    #2-BFP 08-6-11 ~ Due 04/18 ~ born via c-section April 22, 2012
    My Blog
  • Do a non-caffeinated tea with honey. Honey coats your throat and the heat soothes, plus the steam will help open your sinuses. My hubby is a doc, and he tells patients that honey is as proven a throat-coater as anything on the market.

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

• Loading the player...
  • If the hot chocolate is creamy it might make things worse. Try hot tea to help soothe your throat.
  • Ginger tea or any tea really and I pour a layer of olive oil on top, so when you drink it the oil coats your throat and the tea soothes. Plus, olive oil is good for you!

ETA: Not a ton of oil, just a thin layer. 

-------------------------------------
  • I third the lemon juice and honey. Make sure it is real honey, not that crap cut with high fructose corn syrup.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hot chocolate with milk might make it worst...I find dairy never helps cold symptoms. I actually just made a batch of homemade tea I make when we feel like we're coming down with something. It's pretty simple -- you bring to a boil 3 cups of water with 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup honey, 8 slices of ginger root and zest of a lemon. When it boils, let it sit half an hour covered, and then add the juice of a lemon. It's really great and should make you feel a bit better :)! Hope you feel better!
  • Like PPs said, try hot tea with lemon and honey, and try gargling salt water. Eating chicken noodle soup also helped me.
    I've also heard keeping a humidifier in your room to keep it from getting worse at night helps.
    If nothing helps, go to your doctor because you could have strep.
    Hope you feel better!

• Chamomile tea works wonders when I have a sore throat!
  • Gargling salt water worked really well when I had a cold last week!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageacooper18:
    Gargling salt water worked really well when I had a cold last week!

This. It's kinda gaggy, but it works. 

• tea

salt water

Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Warm salt-water gargle is heaven!
    DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"