December 2010 Moms
Options

Great first word, Jack. Just great.

My child's first word is "Yuck."  or rather "Uck."   

Okay, so it's not really his FIRST word, but still.  He says other words, Mama, Dada, Ba (ball), Kee (kitty), but this is the only word he uses really consistently.   Whenever he goes for shoes or the trash or something gross I say "No, don't touch, that is yucky!"  

So now whenever he sees the trash he points and yells "Uck! Uck! Uck!" Same for shoes and diapers, etc.  And now he is trying it out with other sounds, like Guck.  So obviously I'm trying to get him to say "Duck" instead of a much more shocking word that could come out of an 11 month old's mouth.  :(   

I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 

Re: Great first word, Jack. Just great.

• Options
    HAHA that's awesome. hey at least it's not an actual cuss word, right? :-)
  • Options
    That hilarious, if it makes you feel any better.  When I was about a year and a half or so I couldn't say the word "fox" it came out as "f*ck". Imagine my mother surprise the day at the zoo when her angel started screaming "f*cks" at the top of her lungs... LOL!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh, that is just a riot!! I know a boy who's first work legitimately was "fvck." His teenage brother taught it to him. LOL

Good luck with that. Just tell people he's being germ conscious. :-P

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options
    LOL! At least you know he's listening to you!

• Options
    That's awesome.
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

haha! maybe time to change it to "no, that's dirty" before he gets to learning the ffff sound?

my nephew said "far fvck" for the longest time instead of fire truck. my sister was mortified.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagebelizeitornot:

haha! maybe time to change it to "no, that's dirty" before he gets to learning the ffff sound?

my nephew said "far fvck" for the longest time instead of fire truck. my sister was mortified.

::facepalm:: omg.  Please, Lord, let my child get through at least the first 2 years of his life without uttering the F word.   

I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"