May 2012 Moms

Holy Mother of Heartburn

I've never really had heartburn at all before, and so the last few days when I started having severe chest pains, to the point where there was no sleep to be had and no way to eat (despite nausea), I finally went to the doctor. She prescribed Protonix & Carafate to treat GERD (Gastroesophageeal Reflux Disease), which I've never had problems with, but both of my parents and all of my grandparents have. I've not yet taken any meds for any reason so far this pregnancy, but she feels okay about these, and I'm desperate for relief.

It hurts like hell. OUCH. Especially coupled with the back aches. My respect for chronic heartburn suffers just increased HUGELY! 

(Especially when I was so stoked about some Halloween candy - may have to save a few pieces for when feeling better :)

Anniversary Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyName Ticker

Re: Holy Mother of Heartburn

• I think my heartburn started right about the same time. It's died down a little. Mine usually only happens when I lay down.

Mine feels bad enough and it's solved with tums. I'm so sorry yours is so bad mama =( 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I get it bad at dinnertime. It's annoying but I will take any symptoms! Hope yours gets better!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have awful hearburn while pregnant.  I receommend taking your meds, it will help.  I take prescription zantac to help with mine, or there would be no way I could sleep.

Hope you get some relief soon.

___________________________________________________________________ Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I have chronic heartburn and was scheduled for a procedure to look into when I found out I was pregnant.  I was taking protonix and pepcid prescriptions.  I was able to stop taking them until about a week ago when it came back full strength.  I am now taking the prescriptions again with little relief.  I am planning on talking to my DR about it on Thursday.

Hope you get some relief --I know its painful :(

imageBabyFetus Ticker
    Due Date May 13!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"