March 2012 Moms
Options

Birth Class

Hi Ladies, Happy Monday!!

DH and I went to our first Birthing Class on Sunday afternoon. The videos we watched really scared me. While it was very informative (I realized I still have a lot to decide about how I want my labor to progress/go). Seeing four different women graphically push their babies out, really opened my eyes about what to expect... Holy Cow, I really hope my baby's head is small...  

Has anyone else had this "revelation"? 

P.S. On the really positive side, my DH no longer thinks  giving birth is a "simple, natural event". He still thinks it's natural and  but has far more sympathy. :) 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Birth Class

• Options
    I knew...seen to live births, but watching that video still made me want to PUKE! Just confirmed I want narcotics! LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

haha, you're silly!  i like the way you say the women, "graphically pushed their babies out."  how else is there to push a baby out??  it's not always like they show it on tv, is it now? 

just keep telling yourself it can't be that bad or women would only have one baby and our population would have died a long time ago. 

most likely it will hurt like a biitch and then it'll be over.  no one is in labor forever!  that's something i'm going to remind myself. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Well, I'm from the south and it's more "genteel" to say "graphically pushed their babies out." Then to say I can't believe they squeezed their babies out of their vagina. Which is what blew my mind, as well watching everything else that accompanied it(poo, and other stuff). While I felt wigged out, I certainly feel prepared!

Thanks for the reassurance :) I figure it will hurt for a short while then a lifetime with a bundle of joy!  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"