June 2012 Moms
Options

"There's a baby on your head."

A couple of weeks ago, hubs told me I needed to get on the mini-keg in the fridge.  I'm not much of a drinker anyway, but have been on and off meds for the past few months for my back and REALLY wasn't drinking.  I told him (much more non-chalantly than I felt), "I'll hit it on Friday if I don't get my period by then."  Friday came, and I christened a pee stick.  Hubs was still asleep, so I smothered his head with my belly and yelled, "There's a baby on your head!"  He groaned and woke up a few minutes later to ask, "Did you just tell me you're pregnant?"

I'm 6 weeks in today and due on June 25, 2012.  I gave my mom a card on Saturday and told her, "Happy Halloween."  She opened it, saw a baby on it and started hugging me and crying without even reading the inside.  I guess technically she's my step-mom...that will come into play later.  I had invited my siblings to their house too, and told each of them in turn.  I freaking love my family.

Yesterday, I gave MIL/FIL the same card, but wrote Grandpa & Grandma on it.  I thought they'd get it right away, but MIL thought it was from our dogs.  Then she read it, and couldn't stop crying even to read a menu.  FIL told us, "Congrats!" and my awesome Hubs told him, "Oh, she did all the work."  They are much to sweet to pick up what he was putting down, but I laughed my booty off.  Oh, and I could smell my FIL's sierra mist from across the table like he was drinking it out of my nose.

We're waiting to tell the rest of the world.  Oh.  Yeah.  I have a crazy mom.  I don't know when I'll tell her.  I pretty much knew how our families would react.  They are awesome.  When I tell the crazy, she will try to make it about her.  "Who did you tell first? I'm coming to the birth. This is MYYYYY grandchild."  And there will be phone calls.  Lots and lots of phone calls.  Understand, I did not grow up with this woman.  She pretty much popped my brother and I out, and hit the road when I was 18 months old.  Ugh, I'm not looking forward to that part.

Well, here I be.  I've read some of your posts and find this all very exciting.  If I post some off the wall thing (it's bound to happen), please know I mean it in the best way possible.  I don't do snarky Big Smile and I'll try to think before I type.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: "There's a baby on your head."

• Options
    imagemattnrachel:

A couple of weeks ago, hubs told me I needed to get on the mini-keg in the fridge.  I'm not much of a drinker anyway, but have been on and off meds for the past few months for my back and REALLY wasn't drinking.  I told him (much more non-chalantly than I felt), "I'll hit it on Friday if I don't get my period by then."  Friday came, and I christened a pee stick.  Hubs was still asleep, so I smothered his head with my belly and yelled, "There's a baby on your head!"  He groaned and woke up a few minutes later to ask, "Did you just tell me you're pregnant?"

I'm 6 weeks in today and due on June 25, 2012.  I gave my mom a card on Saturday and told her, "Happy Halloween."  She opened it, saw a baby on it and started hugging me and crying without even reading the inside.  I guess technically she's my step-mom...that will come into play later.  I had invited my siblings to their house too, and told each of them in turn.  I freaking love my family.

Yesterday, I gave MIL/FIL the same card, but wrote Grandpa & Grandma on it.  I thought they'd get it right away, but MIL thought it was from our dogs.  Then she read it, and couldn't stop crying even to read a menu.  FIL told us, "Congrats!" and my awesome Hubs told him, "Oh, she did all the work."  They are much to sweet to pick up what he was putting down, but I laughed my booty off.  Oh, and I could smell my FIL's sierra mist from across the table like he was drinking it out of my nose.

We're waiting to tell the rest of the world.  Oh.  Yeah.  I have a crazy mom.  I don't know when I'll tell her.  I pretty much knew how our families would react.  They are awesome.  When I tell the crazy, she will try to make it about her.  "Who did you tell first? I'm coming to the birth. This is MYYYYY grandchild."  And there will be phone calls.  Lots and lots of phone calls.  Understand, I did not grow up with this woman.  She pretty much popped my brother and I out, and hit the road when I was 18 months old.  Ugh, I'm not looking forward to that part.

Well, here I be.  I've read some of your posts and find this all very exciting.  If I post some off the wall thing (it's bound to happen), please know I mean it in the best way possible.  I don't do snarky Big Smile and I'll try to think before I type.

That is hysterical! Congrats and welcome to the board!

DS#1- 7/2002

DS#2- 6/2004

DS#3- 9/2007

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    LOL Congrats & welcome!  
    Married 5/2006 ~ MMC 5/2011 ~ DD born 6/2012 ~ Baby #2 EDD 12/21/2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Congratulations and welcome.  Love the "there's a baby on your head"! 

• Options
    Why didn't I think of that...
    Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagemattnrachel:

Congratulations!! and... do we have the same biological mom? I had one that acts the same way and did the same with my brother and I. Only difference: I was 6, and she went on to have another child who she kept and treats like it's her only. I, too, have not told her about our new LO.

Welcome to the board!!

~ Married 14 years and counting ~
    Chandler 11/2000 ~ Bronwyn 6/2002 ~ Grayson 3/2010 ~ Matilda/Till 6/2012
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    BFP 10/20/11 ::sticky dust::
    BFP 9/11/11 - m/c 9/25/11 5w5d
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!  I love the way you told your DH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Thanks, All!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    "There's a baby on your head.". *still laughing*
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!
    imageimage

TTC #1 since 5/10
    BFP #1 7/22/11 - EDD 4/2/11 - M/C 8/15/11 (7w0d)
    BFP #2 9/23/11 - EDD 6/5/12 ♥It's a Girl♥
    BFP #3 2/20/13 - EDD 11/2/13 ♥It's a Girl♥
  • Options
    :) Welcome to the June board! and Congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome. You're hilarious and I like you.
    photo bdbc37ab-659f-4535-a8f5-66664be1731a_zps374ee4f8.jpg photo 7d0cb52d-ff7e-47d2-9933-babc60eba056_zpsdfc01e83.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    congrats and welcome..loved ur post
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

rofl, I can't believe I didn't think of that!  Love it.  I'm blaming finding out at 4 AM and being brain dead the next day. 

Congrats and welcome!

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Congrats & welcome!
    ~ Mom to amazing daughter Sophia, born 2012
    ~ MC April 2015 at 16 weeks 
    ~ Current DD 10/2016
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"