December 2011 Moms

Question about baby dropping?

FTM so I am not sure what I am feeling. I think the baby has dropped.. Is it common to feel lots of pressure in lower abdomen/ vagina when peeing or when sitting for a few and then getting up to a standing position?
Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Question about baby dropping?

• I'm a FTM too, but I have the same feeling you are.  My lower abdomen just feels heavier.  It's weird.  And there's more pressure on my lady parts that aren't very pleasant.  Every time I stand up, I have to pee too. 
  • I actually made a similar post on 3rd tri about this!  I spent Saturday doing maternity pictures (hiking around), the next morning my tummy was visibly lower and there was lots of pressure down there!  Peeing has become MUCH more frequent.  I read in the books that this is all normal and that for FTM's this "can" be a symptom of preterm labor (2-4weeks) but baby can also move back up or it could mean nothing at all.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm thinking my baby has dropped, as of last night. All the sudden I breathe much easier and I don't feel the baby constant pressure on my ribs anymore. When I stand up I now feel pressure down below that I did not feel before and I'm having a lot more RLP pain than I have before. And my upper back pain has completely disappeared.

My next appt is on Wed. so I'm going to ask the Dr. then.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers daisypath PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Unexplained infertility HSG-clear, DH SA-Great 3 cycles Clomid TI with OB/GYN Switched to RE Jan2011 Feb2011 100mg Clomid + trigger + #1 IUI=BFN Mar. 12,2011 100mg Clomid + Estradiol + #2 IUI BFP 3/20/11, Beta #1 12dpiui 174, Beta #2 17dpiui 1660, Beta #3 21dpiui 6687 image
  • This morning I woke up feeling like I had a bowling ball in my pelvis, and I'm feeling a lot more uncomfortable and waddling more.  I coincidentally had an ultrasound appointment with the MFM this afternoon, and they told me that his head is way down low--I was feeling him in my hip as of yesterday and now today it's totally different.  They didn't indicate that there was any problem or issue with this though. 

• I'm a FTM too and I asked about this about a week ago when I noticed the same.

My stomach seems to have shifted and is lower and heavier, though it looks smaller. I have to pee a lot more, especially when I stand up. I find it's hard to empty my bladder unless I lift my tummy and lean forward.

I didn't think it would happen so early but I guess it has.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I've been low all pregnancy and get that all the time. Baby has days she is higher which I love but some days I feel like my bladder is being wrung out and then pressure makes it so hard to walk
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My wife is convinced that the baby has dropped. And her belly is noticeably lower now, so I would agree.

Reading online, dropping is supposed to occur around 4 weeks before birth. We are at around 34.5 weeks. So a bit early for dropping, I think.

OB appt is tomorrow, so he can confirm things for us. And maybe let us know if we should expect a Nov or Dec baby (EDD is Dec 8th).

• Anna dropped at 31 weeks.  It was very noticable.  I woke up, and my stomach seemed much smaller and I could feel my ribs again.  I had a few people mention it to me.  My husband asked "where did our baby go?". 

My ultrasound the following week confirmed that she was "using my cervix as a pillow" (tech's words, not mine) and her head was facing my spine.  She's dropped down, and ready to go!

My Dr. didn't seem surprised or concerned at all, and never mentioned her coming early.  I'm not expecting her early because of it.... just know that she's ready to go when it's time!

pregnancy Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"