Low progesterone...freaking out! — The Bump
Pregnant after a Loss

Low progesterone...freaking out!

On Saturday, DH & I found out we're pregnant after 2.5 years of trying that started with a MC in 2009.  Today I had my beta done and hcg level 32 and progesterone 3!!!! I was put on Endometrin (progesterone vaginal insert) @ 100mg twice daily.  I'm scheduled to go back on Thursday for my 2nd beta.  I'm freaking out!!! Is there anyone else out there that is going through or have gone through this?  What were your outcomes? How did you cope?
"I am a woman phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, that's me."~Maya Angelou BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Low progesterone...freaking out!

• Don't freak out!  You're taking what you need to take, so that's a great step.  I had low progesterone when I went for my first round of bloodwork, and my OB put me on progesterone supplements that I took by mouth at night.  They continued to check my blood for a few weeks, and levels were fine!  I only needed to take it until week 12, because by then the placenta has fully taken over, and everything is fine.  Don't worry- it's great that your OB put you on it, because it's exactly what you needed.  It was a little scary going off of it, but I trusted my OB and everything has been fine.
  • Congrats on your pregnancy! 

Try not to freak out. Lots of women on here, myself included, have had low progesterone. I was on progesterone supplements for the first trimester, and so far have had a healthy pregnancy. You're on medicine now so hopefully they can get it to rise.

Good luck!  

BFP#1=12/24/10 missed m/c @ 9w2d BFP#2=4/13/11 EDD 12/24/11 (coming full circle!)
    Ella born 12/21/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much!  Seeing others who are having success with the same condition is a sanity saver.  {breathing now}
    "I am a woman phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, that's me."~Maya Angelou BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine was also very low. My HCG was 22 and my progesterone was 6. I started oral prometrium the next baby. I had my betas a week later and they had more than doubled every 48hrs. At 6w6d we saw a healthy baby with a strong heartbeat. So far everything is going great for me. I have my NT scan tomorrow so we will get to se LO again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just a quick update...got my second beta back today and HCG is 66.9 & progesterone is 12 thanks to my Endometrin!!! Feeling loads better and looking forward to a happy nine months!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards