Upstate NY Babies
Options

Parents lose custody over sandwich "theft" (LIP)

Re: Parents lose custody over sandwich "theft" (LIP)

• Options

wow, that is a bit extreme! Although- I do have a bit of a pet peeve about people eating unpaid for food. Sure- I've opened a bag of goldfish at the store for Evan to eat while we shop... but I'm obviously going to pay for the rest of the box. If I get him a doughnut or muffin I always pay for it at the coffee shop first.

I forgot to pay for a bag of cat litter last week at Target. I think I told the cashier it was under my cart, but she didn't ring it up. I didn't notice until I got home and was looking at the receipt for something else. Gosh- glad they didn't take Evan from me and throw me in jail!  

• Options
    Oh my gosh!  Can you imagine?  Yet another reason I can't stand Safeway.  Worst grocery store ever!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's crazy!
  • Options
    That must have been terrifying for them and their daughter. I can't even imagine.
  • Options

I love the quote saying um, yeah maybe we over reacted a bit. That is so, so sad and scary. I think we all have walked out of the store with something on accident. Our Tops has a Tim Hortons coffee thing and I drank a cup while I was shopping and totally forgot about it until I took my purse out of the cart once I loaded all the groceries in my car...and it was sitting right there. I actually went back a few days later and had another coffee - once I got to the check out I asked the lady to ring up two b/c I forgot to pay the last time, haha!! I didn't want to be known as the TH bandit! (she told me not to worry about it though)

• Options
    imageTelyco:

I love the quote saying um, yeah maybe we over reacted a bit. That is so, so sad and scary. I think we all have walked out of the store with something on accident. Our Tops has a Tim Hortons coffee thing and I drank a cup while I was shopping and totally forgot about it until I took my purse out of the cart once I loaded all the groceries in my car...and it was sitting right there. I actually went back a few days later and had another coffee - once I got to the check out I asked the lady to ring up two b/c I forgot to pay the last time, haha!! I didn't want to be known as the TH bandit! (she told me not to worry about it though)

I've done the same thing.  I actually got home from Wegmans with a $15 Sigg waterbottle once that wasn't paid for.  I grabbed another one off the shelf the next time and asked the guy to ring it up and restock it.  He looked at me like I was crazy...but did it.
    Bianca image.
  • Options

thats insane!!  why not just let them pay for it?

I know some stores like to make examples of shoplifters, hence having the police come and take them.. but this doesn't seem like the best case to have picked.. a pregnant woman with a toddler, over a sandwich? wow.

I personally would NOT eat, or let my kid eat, something in a store without paying for it first (Even goldfish crackers) but i certainly don't think that what this woman did warrants an arrest and her kid being taken away.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options

I always said I wouldn't be the mom to open something and feed my kid to quiet them down, but that was me last week.  It happens! 

This story was insane and just wrong. 

O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"