February 2012 Moms

My turn? Small vent :)

I absolutely love my future MIL - she is one of the sweetest, most thoughtful people I know. . . BUT, can I remind her that things just might have changed a bit since she gave birth in the 70's? Lol. The reason I say this is she thinks I should schedule to be induced because of the (potential) snow we could get in February because that is what she did with her son who was born in January. I tried to tell her docs most likely won't do that (not to mention I wouldn't) but she tells me how they did it for her, etc. That is one of those small things that just gets to me ... and honestly, it is not a lot that gets to me! haha!

Ok - vent over! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My turn? Small vent :)

• I know what you mean.  I love my MIL as well, but sometimes I just get irritated with comments.  I know she doesn't mean it, but still.

I'd been really sick last week with pain in my lower back and mentioned to her the other day that I am taking it easier now.  I made DH take the laundry basket into the laundry room so I could do laundry. She gave me a lecture on how I need to keep lifting that laundry basket because being in shape will make labor easier.  

• imagejesse1117:

So far, the only advice I've really gotten from MIL is that I should start "roughing up my nipples with a loofah" (accompanied with circular boob-rubbing).

Wax on, wax off. 

LOL!! Thanks for the laugh!

• Loading the player...
  • Luckily, my MIL is really timid and would never suggest I do the same as she did...especially when it comes to roughing up nipples!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"