Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Has anyone converted their crib yet?

There aren't a lot of things I'd change so far as the things I bought for my son but the convertible crib may turn out to be one of them.  I'll looking at it and the mattress is dropped as low as it goes and it's still high off the ground.  I know you put the rail up to keep them from falling out but it just seems so odd to me and I'm kind of wishing I just bought a regular crib.  If you've converted do you like it?  Hate it?

I could always get a toddler bed and put this one away to convert it to a full size bed when he's older I guess but that seems like a PITA. 

Formerly known as elmoali :)

Re: Has anyone converted their crib yet?

• Mine doesn't convert to a real bed, but I can take off one of the side rails to make it like a toddler bed. 

I'm tempted to let the boy be free.  But I'm also worried about what he might do if he got loose in the house in the middle of the night.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I guess I"m just picturing him deciding he wants to get up and squeezing between the safety rail and the headboard/footboard and then being so high off the ground that he falls.  But we're really not ready to put him in a toddler bed yet (he sleeps awesome in his crib so why rock the boat) so maybe I'll feel less anxious about the height when he's a little older.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • We had to convert or son's bed a while ago- I want to say at about 17 months old because we caught him climbing out of the crib in the middle of the night.  He has done okay with it although nap time is a lot harder than it used to be.  His bed converts by dropping the mattress and removing one of the sides and installing a toddler railing in it's place.  

.We have tried pretty much everything with him because after he learned to climb out of his crib he learned to climb out of his pack-n-play too.  He sleeps great at night, and he sleeps in his room with the door shut for both naps and bedtime.  I was really concerned about letting him alone in a room where I couldn't see him- so I baby proofed the room really well and basically took out everything except the basics- so far he's doing well.  If he learns to open the door- I'm in trouble.

Pg#1- Benjamin born 2/22/10
    Pg#2 BFP 11/2010... chemical pregnancy late 11/2010
    Pg#3 BFP 02/2011...missed m/c 3/2011
    Pg#4 Adalynne born 5/12/12
    Pg#5 BFP 12/2012....chemical pregnancy 1/2012
    Pg#6 BFP 11/14/12....chemical pregnancy 11/2012
    Pg#7 BFP 2/3/14... loss after a heartbeat and D&C 3/2014
    Pg#8 BFP 9/1/15...waiting to see!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"