Success after IF
Options

Ladychicago

How is the transition to one nap a day going?? How are you liking it??

I have been having these minor freak outs..had a major one this weekend..on how I am going to balance having two little kids..DH doesn't seem to be as concerned and says I will be just fine.  For me it's the idea of having a newborn again and the logistics of balaning everyone and there needs that puts me in a tizzy! 

Re: Ladychicago

• Options

Oh, you are so sweet for asking!

The short answer is that it is NOT going well... and no, I don't like it.    LOL!    But it is really hard for me to know what exactly is going on.    Right after we bit the bullet and switched to one nap, she started cutting TWO molars.   So since Friday, she has been over-tired and in pain.   a lovely combination.   

She has only been napping for about an hour and 45 minutes...  a far cry from the 3-4 hours/day she used to give me.   And even when I give her 30 minutes before going to get her - she doesn't go back to sleep and she usually cries/yells and rubs her eyes for a good 45 minutes once I do go get her.   It seems clear to me that she needs to sleep for longer, but she just won't.   I hope it is just teething and her getting used to the new schedule...  because if it doesn't change, I am going to be one tired momma for the next LONG while!  

The whole reason we did this was because of her morning waking... and that has kind of gotten better with the one nap.   Everyday, she wakes up at 5:45am, but about half the time, she will go back to sleep until 6:45 or 7am.    The days she doesn't go back to sleep are brutal...   but again - is it the teething?  or the new schedule?    

Sigh...    I miss my two nap day SO much right now!    (even though it is nice to get out in the mornings...)    I am holding out hope it will get better, though!    and, I must say, I am glad we are doing this NOW instead of waiting until closer to the birth and/or when the baby is actually here.    This way, we both have a nice long while to get used to whatever her new schedule will be!

Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Our kiddos seem to be on the same wave lenght. Jake had Roseola last weekend (so much fun..NOT) and I took him to the doctor last monday and his ..is also cutting the molars..He is a late teether so he has kind of gotten all his teeth at once NOT fun.

I would say that the not napping was due to the teeth for sure. But for about 2 weeks or so if I remember a month we also had it rough with the transition to one nap. There were a few times that I had to let him CIO, he sometimes wakes up in the middle of his nap and I know he is still tired (usually if he has only been sleeping for an hour)...and make him go back to bed. There were alos he the times that he just wouldn't go to sleep and those days stunk and I called DH crying!

It will get easier though..She just has to get used to it..

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks... it is always good to hear it took others a good 2 weeks to settle into the new schedule, too!!!

and... knock on wood...  as I sit here, she has surpassed 2 hours with her nap!    Oh please oh please let this not be a fluke!     :)

Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"