Parenting

Mirena IUD Side Effects

I know this has been discussed before, sorry.  I have had my Mirena for almost 3 years and I think I am just now putting together a random list of side effects that can be attributed to it.  Anyone feel totallycrappy while on it?  I am seriously considering getting it removed even though it means figuring out birth control again, ugh.  My random symptoms would include:

insomnia

constant nausea

crabbiness/mood swings

apathy

ETA: Coincidentally, my friend just decided to have her IUD removed because of some other symptoms that she attributes to it: insomnia, acne, mood swings.

Re: Mirena IUD Side Effects

• I'm having mine removed tomorrow. I know "they" say there aren't side effects, but I've been having progressively worse issues since I got mine and the only way I'll know for sure that it's NOT the iud (but I'm sure it is) is to have it removed. 

The things Ive been dealing with:

-increased bust size (1 to 2 cup sizes since insertion)

-breast tenderness 

-acne

-rapid weight gain (15lbs in 2.5 months immediately following insertion)

-inability to lose weight

-bloating

-moodiness

-headaches

-lack of sex drive 

The mood swings are just like what I experienced on the pill. I did not do well on hormonal bcp so I'm assuming the hormones in mirena aren't agreeing with me either. 

• Forgot about the less than zero sex drive.  That was something for my friend too, and also, fatigue.
  • Loading the player...
  • Fatigue has been an issue for me, too.  That could just be because my DD still sleeps like crap at 9 months, though.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"