Breastfeeding

EP'ers- Did you supply increase as baby got older?

My LO is 3 months.  Just wondering if your supply slowly increased as LO got older.  I pump just enough for him right now, about 4 ounces per time.  Wondering if as he gets older, I'll pump a little more??  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: EP'ers- Did you supply increase as baby got older?

• Not sure. I started with a gianormous supply. Now, I break even or get a few extra ounces. I decreased my supply some due to chronic clogs. Meh... now I want it back!
  • Nope, actually decreased.  BF babies don't increase ounces like FF babies do.  They might take an ounce or two more here and there, but for the most part they need (give or take) 30 oz.  Plus once LO hits 6 months, you will more than likely start solids which will fill up LO.  The only exception is if there is a growth spurt.
    image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine has been increasing but I don't know if it is due to my baby getting older or my efforts to increase supply with pumping, fenugreek, etc.
  • It will only increase if you make it increase. Whenever DD had a growth spurt I threw in power pumping sessions and extra pumps to boost supply. Once it was consistently more, I could go back down to my normal # of pumps without loosing too much of it. The good news is that usually, after around 6 months (i.e. introduction of 3 solid meals/day) you won't need to have much increase in supply because the growth spurts will result in LO eating more solid food as opposed to eating more milk.
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"