Infertility

It's the Great Pumpkin Lead Follicle, Charlie Brown!

Hello everyone and Happy Halloween! I went for my final monitoring appt. for IVF try #3 and once again have a gigantic stubborn lead follicle at 22, the others trailing at 10-11. It appears that my follicle is a hoarder of medications and won't share with the others.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to post this since the results are anything but stellar but I am hoping that my story will possibly encourage others not to give up. I know reading all of your stories has definitely calmed me along the way.

My RE wants to move on to ER on Wednesday with my Pumpkin Follicle. I am hoping that some follicles will disrobe from their invisibility cloaks and make an appearance on Wednesday and the little buggers have a Jack in The Beanstalk growth spurt. The RE said that there is a small possibility that the small ones may catch up and have mature eggs but the large one looks great. I am hoping for that one big magic egg to bring us success. Heading to acupuncture in the AM which is supposed to be helping with egg quality (fingers crossed).

I am humbled thinking that "It only takes one" will come into play but there are more hurdles to overcome for the one. Praying that it is a beautiful egg that is ready to fertilize, grow and implant!!

Wishing the rest of you Poor Responders success and all of you great responders as well!!! Hang in there, ladies, you are strong and you have to be to endure this trying journey!

Triggering tonight!! WOO HOO..finally making it to step 2! For me, that is success in itself.

Me: 39 DH: 39 Dx: MFI, DOR, Poor Responder Our only option is IVF with ICSI; 1/11 IVF#1.1: Lupron flare, canceled lead follie/poor response; 3/11 IVF#1.2: EPP, canceled due to lead follicle/poor response; 10/11 IVF#1.3: Antagonist, microdose HCG, 2 embies 2dt BFN; 12/11 IVF #2: Stims started 12/17, ER: 12/27 3R, 1 mature, 1 fert, other 2 eggs matured overnight and rescue ICSI performed and both fertilized! (frozen on 12/30), On 12/29 1 2d 4-cell, grade 1 embie transferred. 1/12: Scheduled Beta, FX'd! IVF Snowflakes!
Photobucket

Re: It's the Great Pumpkin Lead Follicle, Charlie Brown!

• Lol! I'm totally NOT laughing at the mess your lead follicle is creating but I love your sense of humor about it. It really does only take 1 and this one may very well be your one! Good luck!!
    Me: 31, Dx: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea, Elevated AMH of 18 DH: 34 & borderline morphology issues IUI#1/cycle with Menopur & Novarel = Mild OHSS & BFN IUI#2/cycle with Menopur & Novarel = BFN IVF#1 converted to FET due to moderate OHSS 21 eggs retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized 7 frosties, 6 genetically normal December 5th FET with one perfect blast = BFN FET #2 = early February
  • Poor responders, unite!  I absolutely adore your post and admire your ability to keep humor alive in the most trying of circumstances.  Your reference to an invisibility cloak made me think that all you really need is the marauder's map to ferret out those pesky follies!

I also love your REs positive outlook. Anything is possible debnut!  

The step of triggering is a major accomplishment. I'm proud of you and will continue keeping you in my thoughts and prayers :)  

Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • Loading the player...
  • AmCheri,

United we stand!! I am so happy for you and the news of your increased follie count! You are going to have success! I am wishing it for you!

I wish we could get a little Harry Potter magic about right now!

Sending thoughts and prayers right back at ya! Hang in there!

btw..my lead follicle was 16 on Friday and grew to 22 today so I can't see why you can't stim one more day?

Good luck!

Me: 39 DH: 39 Dx: MFI, DOR, Poor Responder Our only option is IVF with ICSI; 1/11 IVF#1.1: Lupron flare, canceled lead follie/poor response; 3/11 IVF#1.2: EPP, canceled due to lead follicle/poor response; 10/11 IVF#1.3: Antagonist, microdose HCG, 2 embies 2dt BFN; 12/11 IVF #2: Stims started 12/17, ER: 12/27 3R, 1 mature, 1 fert, other 2 eggs matured overnight and rescue ICSI performed and both fertilized! (frozen on 12/30), On 12/29 1 2d 4-cell, grade 1 embie transferred. 1/12: Scheduled Beta, FX'd! IVF Snowflakes!
    Photobucket
  • Thanks, Bluefish! We have to find the humor in this, right? I hope that your journey is going well through this IVF labyrinth. Take care and good luck to you!
    Photobucket
  • Good luck, debnut! You have a great attitude :) I am sending you lots of thoughts and prayers for your lucky follicle, and also hoping a few others will have a viable egg.
    IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
  • I'm so impressed your RE is going for the ER with the one follie!  That is so great to hear as a fellow poor responder! Wishing you tons of luck that the golden ticket is in that EGG!!  Hugs

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Good Luck! I hope this great pumpkin turns into a lil pumpkin baby for you!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you so much for the well wishes! My RE knows that this being my third try with different protocols and the same responses that this is prob the only result that we will get. This is the same result that we would have gotten with a natural IVF cycle...wish I would have known that before I took the 46 injections and 13 days of stims. :) And..due to the fact that we can only fertilize with ICSI and we can't switch to IUI, here we are hoping for the best.

You ladies are so wonderful and positive! I haven't been on this site long..but I have been given so much comfort from your stories and encouragement in such a short time. A HUGE THANK YOU from the bottom of my ovaries (the left one specifically) :)

Onward to the trigger tonight and for that one follicle/egg to keep on being stubborn and making it against the odds!

Take care everyone and big Hugs!

Photobucket
  • Love that Halloween spirit! Ugh, those stupid lead follicles are such drama queens. They steal all the good drugs and ruin it for everyone. I hope the little ones pop up and that large one is a rock star! Good luck!!
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Love your sense of humor :) best of luck with the trigger tonight and that your great pumpkin follicle gets some company!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ah, my right ovary salutes your left one!  LOL  (my left one is a slacker laying on the couch and calling in sick, all the while watching bad daytime tv and eating chips Hmm )

Really sending you nothing but the best wishes that you have the golden egg in that big pumpkin follie!!!!  GOOD LUCK!

• Thank you, Thank you, Thank you ladies!! I appreciate all of the great energy from you all! It definitely makes it much easier to feel that I have some new friends on here cheering each other along the way!! Love to you all!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"