Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Do we go to the Dr's too much?

So I feel like I live at the pedi office. Since the beginning of Sept. we have been to the dr's for:

Croup

Well Visit (but he was getting over the croup so we had to come back for shots)

Acid reflux flare up 

Pink eye

A rash (turned out to be nothing) 

A fever (i thought it might have been an ear infection)

Now today I picked ds up from dc and she said she thought he was having trouble breathing. (he has had a cold for about a week). I called the pedi and spoke to a nurse and she said to bring him in. I feel like I may be one of those moms who is always running to the dr. but I feel like every visit has been necessary (except the ear infection one).

Anyone else feel like this? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Do we go to the Dr's too much?

• Those are all valid reasons to go to the pedi. I would go for everything you listed too. I hope your LO feels better soon.
  • We were at the doctor all the time for the first few months. Between jaundice, weight checks, thrush, and reflux, we were getting to know the office staff a little too well! I wouldn't feel bad. LO's are going to get sick, no matter what. It's just part of the deal...
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It is never-ending!!  Don't worry yourself about it.  You can never be too sure.  DD#1 got ear infections a lot when she was younger, winters were always tough and it seemed like every other week we were at the pedi's office.  Hang in there...its a constant guessing game until at least 3, when they can start to [kinda] tell you what's going on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • according to your list, heck no!  You needed to go for all those things. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Thanks ladies. Turns out he has asthma, just like mom so it was a good thing we went. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"