June 2011 Moms

Moms with LO that have chunky cheeks/neck!!

So my DD is quite the little chub. She is 17 pounds but very short! ha only 24 in! Her cheeks are the chubbiest part of her:) which i happen to love, but i am running into a problem under her chin and on her neck.  All of her chubs on her face hang down to her chest, so when she spits up, drools etc it runs under her chub and is causing redness/rash.  If she wears a bib its much much worse. I put ointment on it and clean the are regularly. Usually 2-3 times and after each cleaning i rub some good salve on it. But it still is there. Has anyone found a cure? or is it something i will just have to deal with? i just feel bad bc it gets so red sometimes, thats gotta be sore for her or at least irritating!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Moms with LO that have chunky cheeks/neck!!

• our pedi said you can actually put a little desitin under their neck. just make sure the skin is really dry first.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My dd is chubby too! At her 4 month appt her ped said to sprinkle cornstarch in her neck folds to help prevent a rash.  We haven't done it yet. The bib works for us so far. I wipe the drool immediately but dh is not as vigilant as I am so cornstarch might be started very soon. HTH! GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • We are running into this same problem, I'll probably try the cornstarch.

• We put Aquaphor on it. I may have to give the cornstartch a shot. He gets a nightly bath and there is always a ton of stuff wedged in there.
  •   I was going to get on here and ask about the same thing! Mine is 19lbs...! I'll have to try the cornstarch as well.
  • are you using purely cotton bibs? liek with no plastic backing?

i just try to wipe and change bibs/ burp cloths as much as possible.

• Yep Aquaphor.
  • Desitin and ButtPaste do wonders for DD's neck rolls
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"