Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Does the bump ever make you feel you're not worrying enough?

I catch myself reading things on here, and occasionally makes me wonder if I am doing things as good as I should be, or if I should be worrying more. Don't get me wrong, I know that I'm a good mom and trust my judgement without hesitation. But, I think some times after reading posts that maybe I don't worry enough... Bumpers, strangers, others caring for LO, germs, walkers... everyone (well not everyone, but lots) seem to be so worried about all those things and I just don't usually. Does this website ever make you wonder if you worry enough?

Re: Does the bump ever make you feel you're not worrying enough?

• Yes, but then I remember that I don't have time to worry about all that stuff. A little dirt never hurt anyone (per my Grandmother) and as long as my kid is fed, clothed and happy, I'm doing ok. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • This website makes me worry myself to death! I get to seeing other people's posts and wonder if I'm as good at this mom thing as everyone else. When I am at home with LO and taking care of her, I feel 100% confident, but when I get on here I find myself worrying about everything people write about. You have to remember that every family and baby is different and you can't constantly compare with other people. Let this website be simply what it is - a resource to help you and not discourage you! The mom thing is hard!
  • Loading the player...
  • Not at all. I think that when ladies post things they may have heard or read, it can help educate others and themselves. We all hear OWTs and the like. But often people post very informative items that some of us may not have thought about. Whether you choose to worry about something or disregard it is totally up to you. Not everyone's parenting style will be the same. Just like all babies are different. 

Also, DD is a micropreemie so I approach every day life from a different perspective than others. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • I think this site makes me worry more than I should. Like you I know I'm a good Mom and I also know sometimes I'm overly cautious but when I read certain posts it scares me even more. I'm sure you're doing everything right for your baby.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think it makes me worry less but research more. I think there are a lot of things I would never have known about if I hadn't read about them here. Since I did, I researched to death most of our decisions and I feel really secure about what we're doing. As a result, I don't worry at all about things like her not breathing in her crib because I know I've done everything I can to provide a safe sleeping environment. On the flipside, I don't worry much at all about germs. My LO is in daycare, and I know the germs she brings home from there are way worse than anything she's going to get from being passed around at a family party!
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Nope. It did at first and then I checked myself. I'm a laid back mom and because of it I have a more laid back baby. Sure, I'm safety conscious, and I pay attention to keep LO healthy and happy, but I don't worry about every little thing. Some of my choices might get a side eye, but it works for me and LO and that's what matters.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I use to really worry about stuff I read on here. I thought if I wasnt doing the same, I wasnt doing something right, etc.  I feel like I felt that way because I'm a FTM.  Now, even though DS is 3.5 months old, I'm much more confident in myself, and know that whatever I'm doing for my LO is the best for him, wether or not its the same as anyone else.  I look to the boards for advice, insight, support..not necesarily the right or wrong things to do.  Know that you are a good Mommy doing the best for your LO and look at the Bump as a bonus bunch of girlfriends that may give you some advice.  No worries!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Not really. I'm pretty confident in my ability to read my daughter.  As long as she's eating, sleeping, and generally happy I don't worry.  I'm of the camp that worrying is praying for what you don't want to happen.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • At this point, TB is helpful for me because it informs me of things that I may need to think about, but it doesn't make me worried. I know DD is doing great.

During early pregnancy, TB definitely made me feel like I wasn't worrying enough, because EVERYONE was going nuts worrying about the possibility of miscarriage. I hadn't been worried about that, but after being on the first tri board a little bit, it was consuming me. I had to make myself take a break for a couple weeks, and lo and behold, I wasn't thinking about it all the time anymore.

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
  • I know exactly what you mean. I try to stay out of posts that look like they will stress me unnecessarily. I parent differently than a lot of posters on here, and I just don't worry about many things that seem to be common concerns. I like it that way, so I try to just edit my Bump experience :)
  • imageDeblondie1:

Not at all. I think that when ladies post things they may have heard or read, it can help educate others and themselves. We all hear OWTs and the like. But often people post very informative items that some of us may not have thought about. Whether you choose to worry about something or disregard it is totally up to you. Not everyone's parenting style will be the same. Just like all babies are different. 

Also, DD is a micropreemie so I approach every day life from a different perspective than others. 

This. If I do things differently, or if I don't post questions daily I'm not bothered by it. But I still come on to read -- I have learned a lot just by reading about other people's concerns. Or when a situation DOES arise I'm not worried and freaking out bc a lot of the times I've read about it on here and know where to go from ground zero.

Bria - Born 7/20/2011 - 2 yrs old

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Nope.
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• No, mainly because I already worry a lot! It actually makes me feel better because I've gotten a lot of good ideas that have helped us so much. And reading about what other people are going through makes me realize that we're having the same struggles and issues as everyone else, which makes me worry less!
  • Yes! But I remind myself that I just need to go with my gut. And that everyone is going to parent their own way. So opinions are going to be strong and vary. 
  • imageMilMom2B:
    Nope. It did at first and then I checked myself. I'm a laid back mom and because of it I have a more laid back baby. Sure, I'm safety conscious, and I pay attention to keep LO healthy and happy, but I don't worry about every little thing. Some of my choices might get a side eye, but it works for me and LO and that's what matters.

This! I am very laid back and like it that way... but like for bumpers for instance, everyone is so worried about them, and I just havne't been... we all had them and it's just not one of my concerns... but I took them out just b/c I worried that I should be worried, lol. Anyways, glad that everyone has had the thought (well not all, but most).

• Secret confession... As a worrier, I WISH I could be like you and the other non-worriers.  I think of several things per day that I want to log-on and 'research', because I want to confirm that I'm doing them correctly or see what others have experienced.  I just thought it was a FTM deal, but maybe not everyone is a worrier.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"