Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Any teether recommendations besides Sophie?

I cannot find a teether that ds will use for more than 5 seconds.  The only thing he seems to like to chew on is my hand and that's not working for us :)  Any ideas of what to try other than sophie?  He won't take the liquid filled rings that can go in the fridge, and it seems like most of them are too hard. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Any teether recommendations besides Sophie?

• We like Sophie and the Nuby Keys.

Another option is to put a wet washcloth in the fridge/freezer to cool it off and then give it to LO to mouth. The coolness will soothe sore gums.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• I don't get the Sophie craze... I can't buy one b/c my dog kills anything that squeaks, but saw it at the store and it just seems like an over priced rubber squeaky toy. I'm sure I'm wrong, but what is it about it that makes everyone so crazy about it?
  • Loading the player...
  • imageje2161:

We like Sophie and the Nuby Keys.

Another option is to put a wet washcloth in the fridge/freezer to cool it off and then give it to LO to mouth. The coolness will soothe sore gums.

Thanks I'll try the keys.

I have given him a washcloth before, and he was not having it. lol.  We have tried that a few times with no luck

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We love the Raz Berry teether that looks like a raspberry paci. We tried it after I noticed she was chewing on her paci on the side of her mouth, and it has worked great! It's easier for her to hold and put in her mouth by herself than Sophie.
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • https://www.amazon.com/The-Sensory-University-TRI-CHEW/dp/B0018BVAD6/ref=pd_rhf_pe_p_t_3

This was suggested via a discussion on another board. I just purchased it for DD so that when she starts chewing I am prepared. I'm not planning on getting a Sophie bc I have a 2yo Lab that will more than likely think it is his LOL 

__________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • We really like the Tommee Tippee Stage 1 Easy Reach Teether. It looks silly but Liam loves to chew on it. So far it's the only thing he's showed any interest in. I say Stage 1 bc of his age but there are 3 stages and I've heard good things about all of them.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageHope2Have:
    I don't get the Sophie craze... I can't buy one b/c my dog kills anything that squeaks, but saw it at the store and it just seems like an over priced rubber squeaky toy. I'm sure I'm wrong, but what is it about it that makes everyone so crazy about it?

I don't get it either. I really does seem alot like some of the cheap dog toys at Wal-Mart.

• DD#2 really likes this Nuby teether.  It comes in its own case which is cool for taking with us on the go and I keep it in the fridge to keep it cool. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"