January 2012 Moms

Am I the only one...

I can't believe what happened last night!  We were watching a stand up comedian on TV, and I kind of felt like I had to pee.  But it wasn't that urgent, so I was going to wait until the end of the show.  Then, the comedian said something really funny and I started to laugh.  Hard.  I felt a small trickle come out, so I stood up to run to the bathroom.  I got maybe 5-6 steps away and couldn't hold it any more.  

For the first time in at least 25 years, I peed myself.  I just couldn't make my muscles engage to stop the flow!  I'd even just done some kegels before the show.

Luckily, I was alone with my husband, who is a champ.  He told me that it wasn't nearly as bad as cleaning up vomit (which he has some experience doing from earlier in this pregnancy), and that it was good practice for getting used to cleaning up after our baby.  I can't imagine what would happen if I had been in public!

So my lesson is learned: go potty.  Go before you even feel the need to go.  And if you feel the need to go.  Go!   

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Am I the only one...

• I probably pee myself full on once a week. A good sneeze will do it.
    Minor self-peeing is a daily issue.

evelyn 4.2010 | will 1.2012 | baby BOY due 12.2014
    pregnant and/or breastfeeding since 2009.

• I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one!  And I hope my story can be a warning to all other pregnant women who are holding in their pee right now.
  • Loading the player...
  • haha priceless! you probably wore out your PC muscles with all those kegels.

now I'm off to drain before I do the same thing at work...

• I peed myself very early in the pregnancy. it was so embarrassing.i just have lil leaks now so i always have a panty liner on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In the car this morning on the way to the airport I laughed and then had to spend the next three hours in damp undies.  Yuck. 
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I came home from yoga yesterday and noticed that I'd leaked a little... Embarrassed
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeah, I've been leaking when I sneeze or cough for a while now.  Usually I can catch myself and "hold it in" until the sneeze or cough is over.  I just couldn't stop laughing last night, which definitely didn't help!

I think I've gone to the bathroom at least every hour today!

• Hmmm....maybe I should put some extra undies in my purse/workbag.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image
    BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"