3rd Trimester

stuck in L&D, long sorry

Im sure some of you have heard about the crazy storm that hit new england this weekend and left most of the state w/o power. We lost power sat night and were scheduled for induction 7pm sun night. We found one place open on the way in to eat since they told me that would be my last meal for a while, our option was eggplant grinder or eggplant grinder in a dark restaurant LOL I'll take it sure beats going in on an empty stomach for L&D! That started the eventfull yet uneventfull process for us. after they monitor me and LOs for a while and start a hepblock in my hand incase I need IVs the doc comes in and has bad news, since they are on generators they feel its too risky to do anything elective incase something went wrong and they had to do emergency surgery they weren't ok with relying on only a generator, OK, NO problem, much rather play it safe! Besides I really dont want to be induced, still hoping the LOs make and apperance on their own. Well they told us to just stay put enjoy the heat, hot water and they would be in first thing this morning to see whats going on. Last night I was only 1-2cm,60%effaced and sadly nothing really has happened on its own so we are still here, without power, waiting for them to either get power and induce me or to send us home. Home w/o power LOL These babies went from maybe having a fun halloween bday which would be awesome to now having a historical storm the weekend of their birth, if they ever come out LOL I feel like I'll be pregnant forever at this point! Its pretty boring sitting around our room but thankfully they have wifi and I brought the laptop!

Anyhow, pretty crazy how mother nature works, between these babies staying put for so long and for her knocking out power for most of our state, CT. Fingers crossed please that these babies decide to show up and we have a safe V delivery tonight or they can get the ball rolling with power and get the induction going soon! TIA sorry for the rant, long story I need lots of labor dust! ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: stuck in L&D, long sorry

• I know that you are in for the long haul and it must be hard on you at this point. I was just thinking, "wow she made it to 38 weeks with twins!". I really hope that you have the safest (and warmest!) vaginal delivery with no complications for you or your little ones.

Don't worry about the rant. I think we have all been there or will be there (feeling like you will be pregnant forever etc.) at some point. Sending you lots of labor dust!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"