Infertility
Options

Update on me!

Hi Ladies,

I want to thank you all for weighing in on my IVF regrets yesterday. I'm still embarassed by posting that because the last thing I want to seem is ungrateful or anything like that. I'm such an emotional wreck from everything BUT I turned a very tight corner last night and was finally able to stand up and move around with less pain. I am actually at work today and even though I still feel pretty banged up, I am getting by with a heating pad and a gallon of Gatorade. Most importantly, my outlook has improved dramatically. I know that if this whole thing works out, I won't regret the process it took to get there at all. And of course, if I didn't do this, I'd always wonder which is exactly WHY I chose to do this in the first place. I hate when it becomes impossible to remember all that in the throes of hormone pumping, pain and discomfort. Thank you all for reminding me of these things and I appreciate your honestly and understanding more than I can say! ((hugs)) to everyone!

Me: 31, Dx: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea, Elevated AMH of 18 DH: 34 & borderline morphology issues IUI#1/cycle with Menopur & Novarel = Mild OHSS & BFN IUI#2/cycle with Menopur & Novarel = BFN IVF#1 converted to FET due to moderate OHSS 21 eggs retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized 7 frosties, 6 genetically normal December 5th FET with one perfect blast = BFN FET #2 = early February

Re: Update on me!

• Options
    This process is not an easy one and you are a trooper.  I am so glad that you have a new outlook on things and are feeling better.  If you ever want to chat, send me a pm and I can give you my email addy.  Lots of hugs and good luck sweetie!!!!
    TTC since 2006
    Me: 36 DH: 40
    DH dx azoospermia My dx: RA & AMA
    d-IUI's--6/10, 7/13 & 8/4: all BFN
    d-IVF#1--Lupron/Menopur/Bravelle/Novarel; mini-dose protocol
    ER: 10/25--18R; 14F; ET: 10/28--3dt of 2 embies; 3 blasts frozen
    + HPT 11/4; Beta #1--14dp3dt: 441; Beta #2--21dp3dt: 9298
    One beautiful jelly bean growing! Saw h/b on 11/28 and 12/5!!!
    P/SAIF welcome
    <a href="http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/mandalinn/?action=view
  • Options

I am delighted by your positive report!

And please stop saying you're embarassed by yesterday's post. It was honest and the ugly truth is that dark days are part of IF. What's important is that we recognize how we're feeling and try to move past it. And you did it!!  Seriously. You are at work today!  You're a strong and motivated woman :) So bask in the glow of today's victory because you deserve it. 

Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so glad today is a brighter day for you.

I gave you life, then you gave me mine.

TTC February 2008 to October 2008 One year forced break due to OIF deployment #2
    Resumed TTC in October 2009 HSG, Hysteroscopy, S/A all clear
    Five total medicated cycles and IUI #1-3 = BFN and all while we were still "unexplained IF"
    25 August Lap revealed Endo, adhesions and blocked left tube
    September 2011: Femara + IUI #4 (IUI #1 post endo removal) =BFFN
    November: IVF #1: Stims started 11/16 ER 11/25 (7R, 5F) ET 11/30 Transferred 2 beautiful expanding blastocysts +HPT 12/6/11
    Beta #1 at 9dp5dt=153! Beta #2 at 16dp5dt= 4009!

Ultrasound 12/30 showed one beautiful heartbeat! EDD 17 August, 2012

Hazel Evelyn arrived 10 August, 2012!

Surprise natural BFP March 2015. M/C at 5 weeks
    Another surprise natural BFP April 2015

• Options
    I'm glad you're feeling better.  IVF is definitely a roller coaster ride.
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • Options

I am glad you are feeling better.  AND there is nothing to be embarassed about.  This board is an outlet for you - we understand the emotions that come with IVF - don't be hard on yourself.

Take care.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    So glad to hear you are in a better place. I hope that you will continue to feel better & better physically, and also that you will get some great news in the coming days!
    IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
  • Options
    dark days are normal and we are all entitled to  them.  sometimes IF days are darker than others.  you are doin great.  being able to pick yourself up and dust yourself off makes you a trooper and im glad to see today brings a better outlook.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so glad you're doing better.  IVF's a very difficult process, much more so than I personally anticipated.  We all have tough days when we question things, but I'm glad that you've pulled through and are feeling better. 
    TTC since November 2009
    Mild MFI, irregular cycles, HSG only showed left tube open
    IUIs #1-3: Femara -- BFN
    IUI #4: Follistim + HCG boosters -- BFN
    Sept./Oct. 2011 IVF#1: Long Lupron, 3dt of 2 -- BFN + 1 frostie
    Surprise BFP 11.21.2011: missed m/c at 9w2d, D&C 12.27.2011
    The Blog
  • Options
    :) glad you are having a better day! Without the dark days, how can you truly appreciate the light? Take it one day at a time and don't get overwhelmed.
    Me: 30, Dx Unexplained/hypothalamic amenorrhea
    DH: 31, normal!
    April/May 2011: Menopur + Ovidrel +TI = BFN
    Oct 2011: Menopur + Hcg +IUI = BFP!
    Beta #1 (13dpiui)= 129.7, Beta #2 (15 dpiui)= 305
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome!
    My Blog

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Thanks, girls! I love you all!
    Me: 31, Dx: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea, Elevated AMH of 18 DH: 34 & borderline morphology issues IUI#1/cycle with Menopur & Novarel = Mild OHSS & BFN IUI#2/cycle with Menopur & Novarel = BFN IVF#1 converted to FET due to moderate OHSS 21 eggs retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized 7 frosties, 6 genetically normal December 5th FET with one perfect blast = BFN FET #2 = early February
  • Options
    Today is a new day and I'm so glad you're feeling better all around!!  Hang in there!  :)
    ~ PAIF & SAIF welcome ~
    IVF #1 in progress
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"