Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

The "Baby Names" board blows my mind...

I seriously can't believe some of the names people post/consider for their babies.  Lots of replacing the letter i with y and adding "lyn" or "ella" to the end.  One example...Chaselyn. As in "Chase Lynn".  

I'm starting to wonder if I'm in the minority by preferring more classic names. So who's weird - them or me? 

Hope everyone is having a Happy Halloween! 
~ Waiting for our Little Spartan~
Our Baby Boy is due September 8, 2012

Re: The "Baby Names" board blows my mind...

• Options
    My recent favorite is Brinkli. Seriously?
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options
    I agree with you, some of those names are crazy! I definitely love classic names. I can't imagine adults with these names!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemchupie:
    Wow. That's terrible. Btw, I LOVE the name Carina- I have wanted to name a baby girl that since I was naming my dolls, except I plan to spell it with a K if I have a baby girl so we have the name initials :) Clearly you have excellent taste!
    ~ Waiting for our Little Spartan~
    Our Baby Boy is due September 8, 2012
  • Options
    A friend of mine named her daughter Autumm.  She changed the spelling so people wouldn't associate the name with the season.  Yeah, I don't think changing the spelling will help that.  She gets mad when people spell it wrong.  
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    imagecruelsound:

imagemchupie:

I thought that said Bikini.

At first glance, I thought the same thing.

6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Options
    Classic names are classic for a reason. Love them. Some of the names on there really get me. Why must people replace "i" with "y"? Or do some weirdo spelling to make it more "unique". Unique is not always good! Poor kids. 
    Married since 2008 | TTC #1 since 2011

2 losses: Nov '11 and Aug '12
    Dx: Feb '13 - HSG shows clear tubes but minor diverticulitis; Borderline DOR; Low DHEA and low testosterone.
    Moving on to IUI or IVF.

3.4.13:  Holy crap! Surprise natural BFP on cycle #19. EDD 11.12.13
    We've got a peen.....it's a boy! 
    Little man born 11.17.2013 via c-section

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    If I need an afternoon laugh...I head to the baby names board.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
      image image

BFP - 3/3/12    EDD & Birthdate - 11/10/12

BFP - 2/27/14    EDD - 12/3/14  MC at 11 weeks

BFP - 9/28/14    EDD - 6/8/15

• Options

My current favorite, topping the list of silliest names I've ever seen:

Brace yourselves...

Lundyn

"I'd like to set up an account, please. Name? Oh, it's Lundyn. Yes, like the city. But with a U. Oh, and a Y."  <---- Every phone conversation this kid will have, for life.

BFP #1 9/7/12. Loved for a month, and lost 10/11/12.
    Antijenic Drift - my blog
  • Options

imageSpartyMom2B:
    imagemchupie:
    Wow. That's terrible. Btw, I LOVE the name Carina- I have wanted to name a baby girl that since I was naming my dolls, except I plan to spell it with a K if I have a baby girl so we have the name initials :) Clearly you have excellent taste!

Thank you! We chose Carina with a C because it is Italian, and my husband is Italian :)  I believe Karina with a K has Greek and/or Russian roots.

image  image
  • Options
    imageWordsmith226:

imagemchupie:

I saw that one.  And then I threw up in my mouth a little.

Wait, where did you see it? I saw it on FB (friend of a friend).

image  image
  • Options
    If you lurk a little longer on that board you'll see that the regulars there don't like the crazy made up or misspelled names. They give a lot of heck to the people who post those types of names and they should!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageHopeful912:

ditto.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Options

I definitely prefer classic names too. Selecting a "unique" name (or spelling any name like you have only a Kindergarten education) is so overdone that such names are no longer unique.

Mama's Clone - 07/18/12

• Options
    imageHopeful912:
    Same here
    Me 41  DH 33  Married 09/03/2011
    DD1  EDD 08/18/01, born 08/03/2001 ~ 9lbs 10oz, 21.5 in
    DS1  EDD 4/30/2004, born 05/04/2004 ~ 10lbs, 22 in
    mc 02/14/12 @ 5 weeks
    DD2  EDD 12/25/12, born 12/30/12 ~ 10lbs 11oz, 21.25 in
    mc 12/05/15 @ 12 weeks
    Cautiously expecting 12/02/16

• Options
    I like classic names too. I personally have a not so common name (although not spechul), and it was always hard as a kid seeing all of the personalized items in stores and never being able to find my name.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageThankful1000:
    If you lurk a little longer on that board you'll see that the regulars there don't like the crazy made up or misspelled names. They give a lot of heck to the people who post those types of names and they should!

This exactly.  In fact, it's generally someone that has never been on the board or hasn't spent any time lurking that posts a crazy name and gets all sorts of criticism and then vanishes from the board never to be heard from again. If you spent any time on the board you would know that the main critique people have is that they prefer classic/timeless names without uneek spellings and they are way over Emma/Jackson/Aiden/Hayden/Cayden, etc. 

• Options

imageThankful1000:

This exactly.  In fact, it's generally someone that has never been on the board or hasn't spent any time lurking that posts a crazy name and gets all sorts of criticism and then vanishes from the board never to be heard from again. If you spent any time on the board you would know that the main critique people have is that they prefer classic/timeless names without uneek spellings and they are way over Emma/Jackson/Aiden/Hayden/Cayden, etc. 

• Options
    imagecruelsound:

imagemchupie:

I saw the same thing when I first read it lol

I agree some of the names now are crazy... A PP mentioned that alot of the names sound like stripper names and it made me think of DH. He said I'm allowed to pick the girl name.. well he does the stripper name test: If he can picture a strip club annoucer calling the name out and it fits, it's out.

• Options
    imagemegs2011:
    imagecruelsound:

imagemchupie:

I saw the same thing when I first read it lol

I agree some of the names now are crazy... A PP mentioned that alot of the names sound like stripper names and it made me think of DH. He said I'm allowed to pick the girl name.. well he does the stripper name test: If he can picture a strip club annoucer calling the name out and it fits, it's out.

This made me laugh Smile Sounds like something my DH would do

• Options
    I've never even visited that board...but I'm so going to now! Hah. :D
    Married 5/09
  • Options

imagemchupie:

Um...as in Christie? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I prefer classic names, smoosh names are ugly to me.  I think the baby name board posts this stuff to shake their heads at it because they generally seem to prefer classic names also.  My favourite baby names now are Richard and Anna.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • Options

I have a great one for you....

prepared?!

La-ah

How would you even pronounce that?

WRONG!

La DASH Ah.

A mom was getting mad that no one was saying her daughters name right... hm wonder why!!

Also when I was having DS the nurse was telling me how a mother loved the name "Clitoris"...classy...keeping it classy. Also another mother who liked orange jello so named her DS Lerorangello (SP!?)

I like to stay away from the most popular names but nothing as crazy as some of the stuff these people are making up!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"