December 2010 Moms

tip toes

when griff walks (im still holding his hands, if that matters) he is always on his tippy toes.  are your LOs doing this?  if your LOs are walking independently, did they used do this?

Re: tip toes

• I think, in my undoctorly opinion, that he'll adjust once he's walking independently. Mine didn't do that but he never walked with me holding his hands. He'd sit down and refuse.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes, Kami does.  Not as often as he did, but it caused concerned for our pedi where we had to have him evaluated by a PT.  He's fine and really nothing we can do.  Only encourage him to stand and walk flat-footed by pushing down on his shoulders to flatten out his feet.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelilmgirl:
    Yes, Kami does.  Not as often as he did, but it caused concerned for our pedi where we had to have him evaluated by a PT.  He's fine and really nothing we can do.  Only encourage him to stand and walk flat-footed by pushing down on his shoulders to flatten out his feet.

reeeeally?  damn lilmgirl, now you got me worried!  lol just kidding =P

my parents said i used to do the same thing but my bro and sis did not.  so i was just wondering.  i guess ill have to mention it to the pedi when i see her next. 

• imagexxbabycakesxx:

imagelilmgirl:
    Yes, Kami does.  Not as often as he did, but it caused concerned for our pedi where we had to have him evaluated by a PT.  He's fine and really nothing we can do.  Only encourage him to stand and walk flat-footed by pushing down on his shoulders to flatten out his feet.

reeeeally?  damn lilmgirl, now you got me worried!  lol just kidding =P

my parents said i used to do the same thing but my bro and sis did not.  so i was just wondering.  i guess ill have to mention it to the pedi when i see her next. 

In all fairness, the PT thought the pedi was overreacting.  After her evaluation, she scored him higher than where he should be anyway on his motor development.  He was right on the cusp of either it correcting itself, or staying on his toes.  Obviously we want to encourage him to go the "right" way.  She is going to follow up with us when he's a year old to see how it's looking.

• imagelilmgirl:

In all fairness, the PT thought the pedi was overreacting.  After her evaluation, she scored him higher than where he should be anyway on his motor development.  He was right on the cusp of either it correcting itself, or staying on his toes.  Obviously we want to encourage him to go the "right" way.  She is going to follow up with us when he's a year old to see how it's looking.

does kami usually wear shoes?  or is he usually barefoot?

• He's always been barefoot.  The PT did suggest trying soft soled shoes to keep his feet flat and keep his toes from curling.  No luck with that as his feet are too darn fat and I can't find shoes to fit him.

She also suggested getting a grocery cart (vs. a walker because the handle bar is positioned higher) and pushing that will force his feet to go flat to get it to move forward.  I found one for $10 at Walmart.

• grocery cart... yay!  a reason to go shopping =D

seriously though, thanks for the suggestions.  griffins in his walker all.the.time.  im going to look for soft soled shoes too. 

• LO will walk on her toes occasionally.  And I walked on my toes all the time from learning to walk until I was 5 or so.  My mom had me evaluated by the dr, and I was perfectly fine, I just liked to walk on my toes.  Mom solved the problem by enrolling me in ballet classes. 
    image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"