I am completely overwhelmed! I did check the FAQ's on this, but still have some more questions. Bear with me, and thanks for reading!
1. I decided to try RNG detergent to start out. Rec amt is 2-3 TBS.....should I half that like some recs say, or go with the full amount?
2. For prepping do I do the rinse cycles like I would once my diapers are in use, or do I just do regular wash cycles?
Now for some REALLY, REALLY dumb questions which may or may not be specific to prepping, but to washing in general.
3. I have a top loader Amana washer. There's a thing in the middle that I generally pour my liquid detergent into. Do I put the powder RNG in there, or just sprinkle the powder in the main compartment with the dipes (Sorry, really dumb, I know)
4. When washing my dipes, how do I do a rinse cycle anyway? Do I turn the dial to the soak-prewash/rinse, the permanent press/rinse, regular/rinse, delicate/rinse...etc. LOL. Sorry, I feel really, really dumb....I am just not very particular about my normal washing and have no idea what's what. Which "cycle" do you use when washing?
5. I know fabric softener is a "no-no" so we will be discontinuing those, and switching to dryer balls. Do you use dryer balls with your dipes, or is that unnecessary?
6. My husband decided a while back to use those lovely (note sarcasm) bounce bars that stick to the inside of your dryer. I've figured out how to remove the annoying adhesive....but should I "clean" out my dryer in any way before putting my dipes in there? I think I may have read to just run a towel in the dryer for a few minutes?