November 2011 Moms

Was that a contraction?

So I was walking around Target with a friend last night and I started getting a tightening sensation in my lower abdomen.  This has happened before and I figure this is was BH feels like.  Then it got really painful and the pain spread around to my back.  My back was aching so bad that I was having a hard time keeping up with our conversation and my friend noticed a funny look on my face.  We decided to head to the cash registers where I kind of had to lean on the counter to try to relieve the pain in my back.  At this point I was kind of freaking out but I didn't say anything.  We headed to the ladies room before leaving so I could pee and the second I sat down the pain stopped.

Do you think that was a contraction?  It lasted about 5 minutes and hasn't happened again.  Or maybe it was just regular old back pain from walking around too much?

I told my husband when I got home and his response was...well you can't go into labor this week because I have a really busy week at work.  Men!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Was that a contraction?

• Sure sounds like it. Totally normal. I had 4 contractions in an hour last week, and if they had kept happening, I was going to go in. But they stopped. When they stop, you know you aren't really in labor yet:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sounds like it to me! Jealous.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, and having to pee makes it that much more uncomfortable. Make sure and keep that bladder empty! A catch 22, because you have to stay so hydrated too! All I do is drink water and pee all day long. I still have a ton of contractions, but they would be so much worse if I weren't constantly peeing and staying hydrated.
  • Yay!  Well now that I know what it feels like I wont be so freaked out when I start to get more.  This is getting exciting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"