High-Risk Pregnancy

Daily Bed Rest Check-In (MON) 10/31/11

Happy Halloween and Monday. 

Hope the weekend weather didn't cause too much distress for anyone and that everyone is doing their best to stay positive while keeping their LO's put.  Welcome Eelyak & Imanurse - welcome and thank you for introducing yourselves!  Jenifairies - congratulations on you baby girl born 10/27, we'll be keeping you and her in our prayers as she continues to grow and get stronger and you recover.
Moms new to bed rest - please join in and introduce yourselves!

1.  Do you or DH have any plans for Halloween?  If in the hospital, are the staff dressed up and bringing you candy? Smile

2.  When & where were you the first time you felt your LO move or kick?

3.  Do you have any existing children (pets included) at home that you can't wait to have meet your LO?

4.  Updates & Vents

We're off to another week, Ladies.  Good luck at all the doctor's appointments and with all the tests/monitoring this week. 

Thoughts & prayers always,

Lisa

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Daily Bed Rest Check-In (MON) 10/31/11

• Sorry,for the format but I'm posting from my phone! 1. DH will hand out candy tonight. I'm hoping there are leftovers! 2. I was about 21 weeks and was laying in bed at night. I have an anterior placenta so I wasn't sure when I'd feel LO. Pretty cool! 3. No human kiddos but 2 dogs and 2 cats. I know our one dog won't like the crying baby but she'll get used to it. 4. I had a meltdown yesterday. I am just concerned about baby and also worried about finances. While on bedrest I get no income. And I have medical insurance but the medical bills are starting to come in. And we haven't looked at nursery furniture b/c of being on bedrest.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats Lisa on 30 weeks! That is a huge milestone!1.  Do you or DH have any plans for Halloween?  If in the hospital, are the staff dressed up and bringing you candy?My DH and DS are going trick or treating without me...so sad. 2.  When & where were you the first time you felt your LO move or kick?Around 20 weeks, the placenta has attached in the front so I don't feel much.3.  Do you have any existing children (pets included) at home that you can't wait to have meet your LO?We are prepping my Son for his little sister, but I think he's too young to even really notice! Our Beagle loves children, so it will be fun to watch him with two kids!4.  Updates & VentsAppointment tomorrow; hoping for stable! 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • 1.  Do you or DH have any plans for Halloween?  No, I dont think we will get any trick or treaters either :(

2.  When & where were you the first time you felt your LO move or kick? I was on TB and my laptop kept bouncing- It took me awhile to figure out why.

3.  Do you have any existing children (pets included) at home that you can't wait to have meet your LO? No kids or pets... I wish we had a dog. But I can't really take care of one at this point so its hard to convince my DH.

4.  Updates & Vents. This is my first week not having a cervical check in a month and a half. My numbers were so good last week that he decided I could go 2. Its the small things :)

• 1.  Do you or DH have any plans for Halloween?  If in the hospital, are the staff dressed up and bringing you candy? Smile

My DH and DS will go to my SIL's neighborhood to trick-or-treat. I hate to miss out! I just hope DH remembers to take some pics.

2.  When & where were you the first time you felt your LO move or kick? I actually felt movement since 12wks, but real kicks around 18wks! Both main times were when I was calm laying down.

3.  Do you have any existing children (pets included) at home that you can't wait to have meet your LO?

I have a 5yr old son who is super excited! I cannot wait to see him with his lil sis. I also have a 10 yr old kitty. She isn't crazy about kids, she just tolerates them, lol!

4. I am on the count down for sure now! Weds is creeping up on me!!

• Happy Halloween!!

1.  Do you or DH have any plans for Halloween?  If in the hospital, are the staff dressed up and bringing you candy? Smile

DH is coming up to the hospital to spend the evening with me. We were debating whether he should stay home and pass out candy, but we will make up for it next year!! The nurses haven't brought me any candy yet.... I should complain! Lol.

The first time I was sure of what I was feeling was right around 18 weeks. I felt flutters and 'bubbles' before that but since this is my frist pregnancy I was never sure if that's what it was! Looking back now I'm sure I felt them moving more around 15-16 weeeks.

These are our first human babies, but we do have a little furbaby (Bentley!) who hopefully adjust well to being a big brother of two girls.. He is definitely the 'baby' in our house now! And I have missed him so much these two weeks I have been in the hospital Sad

4.  Updates & Vents

I reached my 32 week goal!! And my doctor came in this morning and let me in on the exciting news that I MIGHT get to go home tomorrow!!!! I have been fairly stable on oral terbutaline and she feels comfortable with me being on bedrest at home. I don't want to get my hopes up... she will check my cervix tomorrow and if I have dilated any further then that plan will probably not work out. But I'm cautiously hopeful that I will be on my way home in about 24 hours... and I still have INSIDE babies!! Wahoo!!

I will also have a BPP this afternoon, so hoping all looks good there. I can't believe how close we are getting.

Married 8.4.07
    BFP #1 4.15.11 Twin girls born 11/17/11
    BFP #2 10/16/13 m/c at 9w
    BFP #3 4/7/14 EDD 12/13/14

• Hi... I thought it was time I introduce myself and join in.  I've been lurking on the bump during our ugly 2-yr road to have a child.  I have fit the profile of so many boards (ttc, miscarriage, infertility, i could go on) and now I find myself here.  At my 20-week ultrasound, I was diagnosed with a shortened cervix (1.8 cm) and sent home for a long LONG bed rest.  A shock for sure, and I am still trying to get my head around it.  But, I'd like to join you ladies on the board, if you'll have me! 

• 1.  Do you or DH have any plans for Halloween?  If in the hospital, are the staff dressed up and bringing you candy? Smile
    If it was going to be nice weather, I thought about sitting in a lounge chair in the drive way to hand out candy but I'm kinda glad it's pouring rain so I can stay on the couch today.

It was around 20 weeks; I also have an anterior placenta so I knew it would take a while to feel him.  It was right after I'd had a drumstick ice cream cone for dessert (weird craving) so I tried replicating that each night just to feel him move.

We have a 5yr old rottie mix we rescued but we are not looking forward to introducing him to LO - he does not care for children and we will definitely have to keep gates up to keep them separated.

4.  Updates & Vents
    Having SO MANY contractions today - glad I saw the MFM this morning or I'd be freaking out. Cervix at 3.6cm so he's not worried about the contra's and probably due to being at that childbirth class all day yesterday.  Still they stink and I'd like them to go away please. Sad

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1. Do you or DH have any plans for Halloween? If in the hospital, are the staff dressed up and bringing you candy?

At 7:00 my sister's are bringing their kids by for a little TOT at the hospital!!! I had DH buy all kinds of goodies and I made little bags. I secretly wanted to sit in the hallway and give out candy to every kid I saw, but didn't know how creepy that would be!!

2. When & where were you the first time you felt your LO move or kick?

I really wish I remembered my first time. DH felt Hudson for the first time about a month ago whenever we were laying in bed and ever since then always say "is he moving? would I be able to feel it?" I LOVE THAT!!

3. Do you have any existing children (pets included) at home that you can't wait to have meet your LO?

No human kids, just 2 lovely Boxer babies. I am actually pretty nervous about how they will react to the baby. They have been around kids before but never a kid all day, everyday. I have even bought soundtracks of babies crying and other baby noises to play while we are at home just to maybe ease the transition.

4. Updates & Vents

Hudson is not a fan of Monday mornings he always has bad ultrasounds and decelerations in his heartrate while being monitored, he always eventually straightens out but still, WHY DOES HE DO THIS TO ME??? Two weeks ago on Monday I thought he was going to be born, they even had me fill out all kinds of delivery papers, started IV lines and everything. I seriously wish we could skip Mondays all together....

Mommy to Hudson Michael-due 1/25/12-born 11/6/11 image.
  • Hi all! I am two days new to bed rest. 31 weeks today. I was admitted to the hospital for random high blood pressure and then they discovered I was actually having labor contractions. They were able to stop the contractions with Procardia, and all tests came back negative for pre-e. My LO is tiny - measuring about 2 weeks behind, so they shot me up with steroids so his lungs move along faster. The doctor has told us we will have him early and to just take it a day at a time for now. My personal goal is to get to 34 weeks and if we make it that far we can shoot for 36! But, as we all know, goals are just goals in pregnancy. Anything can happen!

1. No Halloween plans but to hand out candy to the cute kids who will stop by the house :) Can't wait to get our little guys dressed up next year! 

2. Probably around week 17 and I was at home.

3. I have two pups that love kids. Very protective. Can't wait for the whole family to get acquainted!

4. No venting just yet! Just trying to take it one day at a time with a smile on my face. The longer I can keep this little guy cooking the happier I will be :) 

• Week 3 on bedrest. Hopefully only 9 left to go! 

1. Do you or DH have any plans for Halloween?

We stayed at home and handed out candy. Well, he handed out candy and reported back to me what kids were wearing. DH also handed out a few bills, and one of his clients sent over a bag full of books, movies and chocolate bars! I wanted to cry, it was so thoughtful!

2. When & where were you the first time you felt your LO move or kick?

I think I was about 18 weeks just sitting at home.

3. Do you have any existing children (pets included) at home that you can't wait to have meet your LO?

DH and I have 2 dogs. I think our golden doodle will like the babies. I think our little dog will continue to act like a diva and pee/poop on the floor/bed out of jealousy. I so wish she was more chill.

4. Updates & Vents

MIL only stresses me out and I hate it! Yesterday she asked me all about shower gifts because she wasn't sure if she should go in on a group gift or not. I just wanted to yell at her and tell her it's not my concern! It's up to her! She also told DH to 'eat his vegetables like a good boy' at supper. I wanted to gag!

• 1.  Do you or DH have any plans for Halloween?  If in the hospital, are the staff dressed up and bringing you candy? Smile  I wore Halloween Socks....DH passed out candy at our house.  A couple of the people at the hospital dressed up, but no candy was passed out.  I get the left over from what DH got to pass out to the kiddies.

2.  When & where were you the first time you felt your LO move or kick? Ummm I am not sure I really started to feel him once I got to the hospital.  I am not sure that I feel her yet, but she is so low and small that I may not hear her.

3.  Do you have any existing children (pets included) at home that you can't wait to have meet your LO? I have two puppies, Paisley (a Yorkie) and Ally (a Boston Terrier Beagle mix).  I cannot wait for them to meet Brooklyn and Blake.  I think that they will love the babies.  They love other people's babies.

4.  Updates & Vents no real updates or vents.  Yesterday I threw-up my blood pressure medicine and they did not give me another dose which caused me to have to be changed to labor status and put on monitors all night which meant no sleep.  I was not a very happy camper.  The Doctor was not very happy when he found out what the intern had done either.  I just hope that I will not have to go though that again for a long time.  I was a little worried that they were going to end up putting me back on mag.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers IVF #1 BFP Beta #1 528 & Beta #2 1514
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"