LGBT Parenting

Weekend Updates

How was your weekend?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Weekend Updates

• I really think CD1 took over my brain function for the weekend because other than the "usual" (cleaning, cooking, shopping) I do not remmeber much of what went on this weekend. I know we Ky bit her tongue really bad (like you could see a 1/4" deep hole) and so that was a frantic call to my 24 nurse line. Last night our friend C came over to watch scary movies and eat wings...yummmy. But really CD1!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • omg i cant even get into it.

a sh!tload of heavy wet snow.  trees down everywhere, tons of damage. no power (which means no heat). everything is closed except for my work so here i sit, having not showered in days, barely slept, and in dirty clothes.

• Loading the player...
  • imagectbride08:

omg i cant even get into it.

a sh!tload of heavy wet snow.  trees down everywhere, tons of damage. no power (which means no heat). everything is closed except for my work so here i sit, having not showered in days, barely slept, and in dirty clothes.

Poor CT!  I just feel like you need a hug.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • image2mommiesinoh:
    imagectbride08:

omg i cant even get into it.

Poor CT!  I just feel like you need a hug.

lol, thanks :) 

I'm mostly being dramatic about the showering and clothing situation - the part that sucks is not having heat...we really need that back. stat.

• Wow, CT, you win the prize for worst weekend/Monday.  I wish I had something good to award you.  :(

We stayed in during the storm on Saturday, and thankfully did not lose trees or power.  In the late afternoon DW heard something running around in our attic (the only access to which is screwed shut and painted over).  Still no action from the landlord to check it out, so I'm really hoping whatever it was figured out how to get back out!!  

Sunday we met friends and got rush tickets to see Sister Act on Broadway.  It was campy and upbeat , even if silly, so we had a good time.   In the evening I helped DW decorate the Halloween cookies she made.

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Oh, CT. That SUCKS. I wish I could bring you warm water and clean clothes!

Friday I was still in San Francisco. A co-worker and I ditched the conference and walked along the water, had lunch at a place on the beach, and walked/shopped around Pier 39 before having dinner. Our flight left at midnight (at which point we were beyond exhausted - I never slept past 4:30am PST the entire time I was there.)

Saturday - Got in at 7:30 in a lovely mix of sleet/slush. Got home and unpacked, showered, started laundry before the kids got home from swimming. Got them dressed in their costume before heading out to their school's Harvest Festival. I volunteered while L took the kids around and then she volunteered while I took them home for a nap. Thankfully I got about an hour of a nap in. Got the kids re-costumed and headed to the mall for dinner and Family Fright Night at the Lego store. The kids had a good time, but L and I were exhausted. Collapsed into bed at 9.

Sunday - Lazy morning at home. Took the kids to see Puss in Boots (cute) and went to Costco. I went back to the grocery store while L stayed home and did homework with the kids. We had planned on using a BOGO coupon for dinner, but we were all so grumpy we stayed home.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We got lucky with the snow - we did get about an hour of big, heavy flakes, but it never dropped below freezing at ground level so it just melted away.

On Saturday Jen went to prenatal yoga and I stayed home and did P90X. I was really proud of myself for getting off my ass after three weeks. Stick out tongue We had discovered that the heat wasn't working earlier in the week, so I hung around while the heater guy came. I made him a bacon sandwich to ensure good service Wink He informed me that our heater had been installed upside-down and that the duct layout made no sense, but he was able to fix it and the house was toasty by evening. Jen took a nap when she got home and I read some more of Dragon Tattoo. We spent the late afternoon/early evening grocery shopping and running a few other errands. When we got home we watched a cheesy Hallmark Halloween movie.

Jen went out to lunch and visited a couple of her work friends on Sunday while I dug around every closet and cranny trying to find my missing winter clothes. (Finally located them in the basement, in a bin I thought was full of Christmas decorations.) I pulled out my summer stuff and organized my closet, made chili for Jen to take to work this week, and talked to my mom on the phone. When Jen got home we went out to dinner with our neighbors - a really yummy Italian place in our neighborhood that we had never tried.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Oh CT...that totally bites.

Friday we stayed in.  Ate a Papa Murphy's pizza.

Saturday I did a couple of errands.  We picked up the house and had a photo session for LO's 3 month pics and holiday cards.  Friends came over in the evening, and we grilled and played Scrabble.  We also put LO down at 8:30 for the second night in a row and were treated again to a 10.5 hour night!

Sunday we again sentenced ourselves to house arrest.  This time it was office/dining room jail where we organized, filed, purged, talked, etc. We ate a yummy dinner (as yummy as a quasi-WW dinner can be) and tucked in.

• Uggg CT that really stinks!!  My in-laws are sprinkled all throughout Mass and they got nailed.  Some lost power but most seemed ok.

Friday-  Umm it seems so long ago I can remember.  We grilled some buffalo chicken sausage in the cold and lit our fire place.  We both worked on some school stuff...very boring.

Saturday-  We got up and made the drive down to the closest Christmas Tree Shops with some friends.  MY DW is from MA so we go to one we have here in MD a few times a year so she can get her "fix".  We had some lunch with the same friends and then all made a bee line home because the weather was going to hell.  DW and I ran to Wal-mart for groceries/toiletries before it got too icky out.  Spent the rest of the night by the fire and loafing around.

Sunday-  I never left the house and it was fanatastic.  Cooked a big dinner, made a pie, did some homework, watched some football (Go Ravens!!!), and did more hw.  We are still in our 2WW from hell so we jumped the gun and tested last night.  It was a negative but AF has not arrived, DW has very slowwwww cycle,  and the RE appt is tomorrow...so we shall see.  DW is having weird pains (twingey pains she calls them) that are not her normal AF cramping so we are still hopeful.  Although I must say I will never jump the testing gun again...negatives suck.

We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
  • CT, I'm sorry!

This weekend in three words: I. Ate. Cheese. Oh yes, I did.

Other than that, it's all a blur. Smile Nah, not really. On Saturday we went grocery shopping at our local co-op (for cheeeeese for my grilled cheeeeese saaaaandwich, among other things). Other than that, we had a chill day and just hung out. K had to grade for a couple of hours, so I played with J. We Skyped with my parents in the evening, and they really want us to come and visit in January. I'm in! Except for their craziness. I'm not in for that, but come on, the weather? BEEEEEEEEEEEACH! Smile

On Sunday, I shoveled. In October. How NOT cool is that? In the afternoon, we went to look at convertible car seats. We didn't buy one, but I think we've decided to go with Britax. Lo and behold, there's a 20% off coupon in my email today. Good thing we didn't buy yesterday! I would not have been pleased.

• Friday: Went to awards assembly at A's school, lunch with MIL, movie night (It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown), dropped A off at her Dad's house, pick J up from work.

Saturday: Took the car for an oil change, shopped while we waited for the car to be done, visited the IL's, stalked our now ex LL at work for our lease (which we got and made him sign), back to the IL's for pozole and movies, back home where we watched some DVR'd shows, bed.

Sunday: J worked in the AM, I cleaned the kitchen and did laundry, made bread and cupcakes.  Not much else besides sitting around the house.  Oh, wait!  In the AM I looked at the photolistings for CA, not much in our age range so I moved on to Washington, Idaho, Oregon, and Alaska photolistings.  Not sure why I even looked, our agency doesn't take children from other states...

• you all already heard about my cleaning spree.  The funny thing is, is that in reality my house is clean (Norika can vouch for me) but with K returning I've had this overwhelming urge to nest and organize. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Home with a sick babe today... first ear infection.  Sad  We're all exhausted, since she woke about every hour last night. She's napping, so I'm signed into work trying to get through some emails, but I popped on here too since I'm pretty resigned to not really getting any work done today.  ::sigh::

Weekend was good, but crazy. 

Saturday: Drove through Elise's snow! In Philly (where I am) there was steady flakes, but it wasn't really sticking. Driving up PA it got heavier and heavier (my parents ended up with 10", and no electricity also)... at one point it was a bit scary, and we had a sliding across the road "oh $h!t" moment!! In Sayre, PA (on the NY border), 4 hours north of us, where we were heading, just barely a dusting! Go figure. It was a long, nerve-racking drive.

Once we were at our destination though, it was nice. We checked into our hotel, then went to dinner with our friends and their family. 

Sunday: I became a GodMama! My best friend's baby was Christened and I'm one of her Godparents. It was really cool. 

Then we hoped in the car and drove back home. Thankfully the drive back was much easier, faster, and nicer. 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • imageTwo*True:
    you all already heard about my cleaning spree.  The funny thing is, is that in reality my house is clean (Norika can vouch for me) but with K returning I've had this overwhelming urge to nest and organize. 

Crazy clean :-)

And Little Two helps out by cleaning up too- cutest thing ever! 

image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Yipes CT, I hope you have heat back soon!!! 

Friday: E and I got pumpkins and then had dinner out because I was too tired to cook.

Saturday: E woke up at 4:20 Indifferent from a bad dream and came into my room. I stupidly put her in bed with me instead of taking her back to her room. She tossed and turned and layed on me and wiggled until about 8:00. I am quite sure I never went back to sleep and I seriously doubt she did. We went to soccer in the morning and then home for a quick lunch. In the afternoon we went to see Harold and the Purple Crayon at the children's theatre. It was amazing. Best play I think we've seen there. E was in awe and mommy loved it too. Afterwards a friend and her gf's son met up with us. There was a food truck round up going on and the weather was perfect. We grabbed some food and then headed to a building hosting a dia de muertos celebration. Got a little culture Wink and then headed for home with one tiiiired kiddo.

Sunday: E was up early in a good mood, so I did my best to rally. I did lots of laundry and some cleaning up in the morning. In the afternoon we made caramel apples, decorated our front porch for tonight, carved pumpkins and made chili for easy dinner for tonight.

This morning E got to wear her pajamas and slippers to school for their spider party. She changed into her chosen pjs and was ready before I was. Yay for the easy things!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"