CDs just at night ? Reccomendations plz — The Bump
Cloth Diapering

CDs just at night ? Reccomendations plz

I am considering moving to cloth diapers at night time because LO wakes every 2 hours if she has a wet diaper (not out of hunger).  I would like your reccomendation on the diapers that stay dry longest.  I was thinking the kind with disposable liners would not really be much better than what we do now- thoughts?   Cost is not an issue since it would be just at night.  If they work well, I would consider switching full time, but for now just nights. 

Has anyone here tried this ?  If so, how did it go ?  Suggestions ?

Thanks in advance!

Re: CDs just at night ? Reccomendations plz

• IMO cloth at night is most definitely going to feel wet. Even if you use a fleece stay-dry liner.
  • I was just hoping it would feel less wet than her pampers do.  I was under the impression (from friends who CD) that one of the benefits of CDs was that they would absorb more/ feel less wet.  Is this not the case in your experience?
  • image Dr.Loretta:
    IMO cloth at night is most definitely going to feel wet. Even if you use a fleece stay-dry liner.

This is what I was thinking. How old is LO? When mine was a newborn, she would cry every time she wet her diaper, whether it was cloth or sposie. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She is 9 months.  The pampers get so full, and puff up from the liquid.  I will try just about anything.  Between nursing and wet diapers we are up every 1.5-2 hrs.
  • I have been using a kawaii minky pocket at night, double stuffed with a microfiber and bamboo insert. It works really well and LO can go up to 7 hours... Granted he is only 2 months right now. I am am anticipating on moving to bamboo fitteds and wool covers when he gets older.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • The thing about cloth is that there are so many different kinds, you have to research to see what would work for you.

Pockets have a stay dry liner built in and you can stuff them with inserts to absorb the pee in the wet zone. Pockets don't work for everyone though. My DD is all over the crib at night and loves to sleep on her belly or side. She'll leak out of a pocket diaper easily.

Like Dr. L said above, you could add a stay dry liner to an absorbent fitted diaper, but it's likely that your LO will feel a bit of wetness somewhere. We use fitteds with a stay dry fleece topped hemp doubler. What I believe helps is a wool cover. The wool is more breathable than a disposable diaper or a PUL cover, and it wicks the moisture away from your LO's bum. DD naps better when she's in a wool cover. But with that said, wool and fitteds are the more expensive option.

Another thing about just using cloth only at night is that you probably would want to wash at least every third day - and you might not have enough diapers for a full load. I suppose it depends on how many diapers you go through at night. Right now DD STTN and so that would be three diapers for us. You could try it in the evenings/night to get more diapers for a full load.

Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards