December 2010 Moms
Options

your changing set up

My little monkey doesn't fit and won't stay on our pack 'n play changing table anymore, so I've taken to changing him on the floor.  Up till now, we've just had the pack 'n play with the top bassinet part on our first floor, and I've used it to store diapers, wipes, new clothes, etc.  Now I'm wanting to pack it up to make more space, but it begs the question, how I store all the diaper changing stuff?  In the ideal world, I could just keep a basket on the floor with everything I need, but I know LO would make a habit of digging through it, eating the desitin, unwrapping the diapers, etc.  Soo... what is your set up now that our LOs are crawling/walking/rolling?  Pictures?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: your changing set up

• Options
    I still change him on the changing table, but I keep a plethora of toys and other random objects (blank CD, highlighter, socks, empty baby Tylenol bottle, etc) so I can keep him distracted. It works most of the time, but every now and then he's not interested in what I'm showing him. If I "chew" on his feet or get in his face making silly sounds/faces, or even blow on his face, sometimes that helps if the objects aren't enough. It sounds like it would be annoying, but he likes it, lol. At bedtime I take out a flashlight and move it around so the light distracts him because he gets really cranky getting changed at bedtime. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

When we're downstairs, I just change LO on the floor.  I got a JJ Cole diaper caddy as a shower gift.  It has a spot for diapers, a spot for wipes, and a little drawer where I stash diaper cream, vaseline, etc.  It also comes with a changing mat (not padded or anything).  It comes in real handy.  We even just take the whole thing with us when we go out of town to visit family.  We stash the entire thing in our entertainment center, so LO doesn't try playing with everything.

Oh and I totally have to give LO something to play with to distract him while I change him.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bought a little caddy from Thirty-One. It has a robot print, which L finds fascinating. He will lay there and scratch the caddy because he likes the sound it makes. Sometimes he'll grab the handles to pull it closer or try to eat it, but usually he just scratches the sides. It's the perfect size to hold a tub of wipes and about 5 diapers, and it's a cute caddy so I can keep it in our coffee table (our table is from IKEA and has a floral metal piece and then about a foot of space before the glass top, so we store our wedding album and other stuff there too.) The table is in the corner of the room and away from toys, so he doesn't normally wander over that way anyway. And I change him on the floor.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    We have a twin bed in his room, and we change him on that (on top of a big waterproof pad, just in case).  We keep a basket at the foot of the bed with diapers, diaper cream, lotion, a couple of toys, etc.  The wipe warmer also sits down at the end of the bed.   It works really well, because he *hates* diaper changes and thrashes so much.  I'd be afraid he'd throw himself off a regular changing table. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options

i still change griff on the change table although he doesnt fit lol.  his head is at the top and he has to bend his knees.  im thinking of just changing him on the floor so ill still keep all his diapers and stuff on the change table.

• Options

I put a changing pad on top of his dresser. The first drawer in dresser has all his cloth diaper stuff in it. And there is a shelf on the wall that as dispoable diapers and wipes and stuff.

Sometimes he fights it and sometimes he's just fine.

• Options

I put a changing pad on top of his dresser. The first drawer in dresser has all his cloth diaper stuff in it. And there is a shelf on the wall that as dispoable diapers and wipes and stuff.

Sometimes he fights it and sometimes he's just fine.

• Options
    Upstairs I change him on his changing table/dresser. Downstairs we still use the PnP changing table despite him being too big for it. I too am dying to free up some space in our tiny LR, but I have to put him in the PnP when I go to the bathroom, etc. So, it's staying for the time being unfortunately. He twists around during changes WAY more when he's on the floor, than on the table, too, so there's another plus.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"