Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Odd treatment from others

I was at a Christening today for my DH's cousin's baby girl. Everyone there was congratulating us on expecting (again). But it felt weird because it was always followed up by - how are you feeling? Not like the regular "are you tired or sick" but like a weirdo vibe (a sympathetic head tilt too). As if saying.. "is this baby going to make it?" 

I don't know may be I am just being obber sensitive. I have had people ask me a lot how I feel, but for some reason my DH's family today made me feel uncomfortable. I think since they knew about the loss before they just wanted to be extra nice. Anyone else have experiences like this? What do you think? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Odd treatment from others

• Options
    I've had plenty of people ask me this same question who do not know about my loss.  Most people are probably just trying to make conversation and this is a very common question in my experience.
  • Options
    I get that all the time. I think people are weird and really have no idea how to talk or what to say to pregnant women.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've gotten the same kinds of questions - granted I've had some difficulties - but I think it's nice that people are being sympathetic to you and asking how things are rather than ignoring the situation.

*hugs* It's always hard to judge how to take things. I'm sure people are just trying to be nice.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"