Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Questions if you SAHM with a toddler/older child and a baby..

DH goes back to work tomorrow (sigh) and Im a little nervous.  What do you do with the baby when you need to shower.  Before, DS watched TV or played in the playroom while I showered or did chores.  I will never leave the baby unattended around DS #1 (even though he has not been agressive with him at all yet).  When DS#2 is older, I can probably bring the bouncy in the bathroom with me, but right now the only place I leave him is in his co sleeper bed which we move into the main room during the day.  Also, when your baby isnt sleeping are you holding them when you are doing stuff with your older child?

Just looking for tips or advice on how to make my life easier and smoother....thx!.

Severe MFI resulting in IVF/ICSI #1 in Nov 2007. BFP!!
Our beautiful son was born July 2008.
2010: 2 IVF's,1 FET = 2 BFN's, 1 c/p :(
Feb 2011-Unmedicated FET= BFP!! DS #2 born Oct 2011!!.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Questions if you SAHM with a toddler/older child and a baby..

• I shower while the baby is asleep in her crib.  Get a sling or carrier...its a lifesaver.  But I always do stuff with DD#1 while the baby is asleep so that she still feels like she gets mommy time without her sister always around
  • Why you can't put #2 in the bouncy seat in the bathroom now, versus when he's older? 
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • While on leave I'd shower at night when everybody was in bed...now I shower in the morning before everybody gets up...with the monitor in the bathroom...

DD2 is a huge sleeper - as in she ate, slept and pooped for the first 6 weeks exclusively...maybe 30 minutes awake time - against her will...Even now she is close to getting 16 hrs of sleep daily - 12 at night and another 4 in Naps so that leaves plenty of time for DD1 to get her attention...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I shower while my toddler is napping. Sometimes DS is napping in his crib and sometimes he's with me in the bathroom. I have a travel swing in the bathroom with me and I let him swing in it. Most times he lasts 10 minutes or sometimes only 5 minutes. My DD has no problem playing with me while I am holding my DS. I'd say during the day I'm holding him about 50% of our playtime, but I do try to give her individual attention when DS is napping. We have no jealousy issues though and DD doesn't remember a time without her brother. I do have a carrier coming in the mail though because it's really hard to get things done during the day with DS... He can be needy sometimes.
    SAHM to the sweetest little girl and boy... I love my job!

Praying for Baby Camryn
    Praying for Baby Scarlett
    Remembering Baby Adam
  • I shower during their nap time. Or if their schedule is a bit off that day, I'll shower while DS is napping and just have DD on her play mat or RnP in our room. If I have to go somewhere, I do it before DH leaves for work or while both kids are still sleeping.
  • I either showered at night when DS1 was sleeping, in the pm when he was napping or when H was home in the morning.  GL with your first day!  I've been a SAHM for 5 years now, about to start round 3 with a newborn anyday!!  You will do great :)
  • I shower at night.  Jack figured out how to open the baby gate at the top of the stairs..so I cant really leave him unattended while I shower.  He can do the stairs just fine on his own, but it only takes one time to fall, you know? 

I make sure Jack gets one on one time with mommy when Luke is asleep, and when Luke is awake I hold him for a while but he honestly prefers a little space. He likes his bouncer right now during his awake times. 

As far as making like easier...set up a diaper station on both floors of your house if it is multilevel...including your older childs diapers (if they arent potty trained).  For some reason that didnt occur to me until a week or so into this whole 2u2 thing!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"