Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

low milk supply

So I am taking antibiotics for mastitis and I think my supply has seriously diminished, however LO seems content w/o having been bottle fed.  Do you think that he is still getting enough milk?  My boobs just don't feel as full and when I pump it's much less than it has been.  If he wasn't getting enough to eat wouldn't he be seriously fussy? 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: low milk supply

• Options
    The best indicator of whether your LO is getting enough is whether they have enough wet and dirty diapers.  It sounds like your LO is getting enough if he is content, but let him feed often if he wants to encourage your supply to increase.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageCA2006:
    The best indicator of whether your LO is getting enough is whether they have enough wet and dirty diapers.  It sounds like your LO is getting enough if he is content, but let him feed often if he wants to encourage your supply to increase.

This! No ticker so guessing here...but as your supply regulates you'll have less of that full feeling...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a definite supply drop when I got mastitis, but just let baby nurse as she wanted and she got what she needed. Your supply will also regulate as baby gets older and you won't feel as full or pump as much - your body will make milk for baby's needs, not extra. I don't know how much you were pumping, but I pumped 6 oz when DD was 7 days old, about 2.5 hours after she ate - and that was with the side that had mastitis still being very clogged - no way she needed or could possibly drink that much (which was why I got mastitis).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"