Multiples

The "pacifier" post below got me thinking...

...just how different a year can be!!  I remember last year around this time (a little later - my boys were still in the NICU last year at this exact time) I was up every 2-3 hours, either pumping or feeding, watching the *worst* tv has to offer at 2 am, falling asleep with the pump on, not knowing what day it was, barely having time to brush my teeth, let alone the "frills" like shaving my legs or taking a shower longer than 3 minutes.  I didn't wear my contacts for months, and I lived in yoga pants.  I learned to sleep with my arm in the bassinet, to re-pacify whoever was fussier (usually James.)

It was completely worth it, but I think I should re-read this post every time I think "Maybe just one more baby...."

Clomid x 2 cycles ..... BFN. 6/08 Gonal F with TI- BFN. 7/08 Gonal F #2 - IUI 7/11, BFN. 9/22/08 IUI #2 and Accupuncture - Chemical Pregnancy. 11/08 IUI #3 with accupuncture - BFN. 12/08 IUI #4 BFN. 5/09 IVF #1 ER 7/6/09, ET 7/9/09 - BFN. FET 12/18/09 - BFN IVF #2 -ER 3/6, ET 3/9, OMG - BFP!!! Beta #1 3/22 -332, Beta #2 3/24 - 701, Beta #3 - 14,889 - 1st u/s - TWINS!! SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME!!! ***Why can't 88 million sperm and 3 eggs find each other in an organ the size of a pear??*** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins--not through strength but by perseverance. - H. Jackson Brown

Re: The "pacifier" post below got me thinking...

• Makes me feel a lot better to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel, yet thinking it will take a year to get better makes me really sad. 
  • I am so done but, if it were *just* the twins, I'd probably still be thinking about that "one more".
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I do that whole "man, I would love to have just one more" and then I think about all the things you are mentioning above and realize that I must be BSC to think I can go through that again. 
    Dx with severe endometriosis. DS#1 conceived with Met and TI. TTC#2 for 2.5 yrs. Dx 2nd IF. 4 clomid cycles, 2 IUIs, Finally IVF#1 w/ICSI worked for us! twins born 35w3d. Unexpected total hysterectomy 6/11. Now on the HRT train.

• I'm 6 months in and the worst of it is already starting to fade.. and I caught myself thinking... hmmm, one more??? 

Someone please hit me upside the head with a baseball bat, please?

TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"