Baby Showers

Hostess gifts

I've been following several threads over the last month or so regarding hostess gifts, and thought I'd share what I finally came up with for my three hostesses. My MIL and two of my bridesmaids and close friends hosted my shower yesterday.

My MIL footed the bill for the meal and location rental. She's WONDERFUL. We got her a Pandora bracelet for Christmas last year and have been adding to it at holidays, including Mother's Day when we got her a baby carriage as a way to tell her she was going to be a Grandma. For the baby shower hostess gift, I got her a baby bootie charm with a blue stone and a bead to match.

My one friend made all the cupcakes, did the invitations and decorations and gave us a TON of hand-me-down baby gear and clothes. She's just fabulous. She really likes earrings so I gave her a set of Pandora earrings. They have a peridot stone in them, which I think is her birthstone. They'll match her eyes, anyway, and they match her style perfectly!

My other friend took care of all the games and wrote us such a sweet poem for the shower, gave us a bunch of books and fun toys,  and gave us a whole bunch of hand-me-down baby gear and clothes. She's a foodie with two small children, so I'm giving her a gift certificate to a nice restaurant group in the area in hopes that she and her DH can go out for a really nice dinner.

It took me a month of thinking, but I think I finally came up with something meaningful and special for each one of them! Hope this helps anyone else who might be struggling to think of hostess gifts. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Hostess gifts

• Awesome!

My sis is throwing mine and she just had a baby a couple of months ago. There is this local wine that we absolutely love - so I am going to pick her up a few bottles. And since she doesn't live close by anymore - it will be extra special.

ETA: I threw in that she just had a baby because we all know how we crave alcohol when we cant have it :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"