Upstate NY Babies
Options

New to Lake Placid/Saranac Lake

Hi ladies! My husband and I just moved to Saranac Lake for my husband's work with the bobsled team in Lake Placid, and we have our first baby due Feb 8th. We have lived in DC for the past 5 years, and all of our family is down in VA and SC. I would love to know if there are any mamas near me on the board, especially since we will be first time parents without our family close. I hope there are a few, b/c I would love to make some preggo or new mommy friends up here! Thanks ladies :-)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New to Lake Placid/Saranac Lake

• Options
    Welcome!  My BIL& SIL just moved there this summer and are due with twins in Jan.  She is not a bumpie though.  But it is a beautiful area all year round.  We probably won't visit them this winter since I am also due in Jan, but they have a great winter festival thing with ice sculptures.  And we have gone there the last couple summers while DH and BIL do the Xterra triathlon there.
  • Options

Welcome! 

I used to live in DC for several years and DH lived there for a few years after me so I was down there all the time after I moved.  Miss it all the time!

Where is VA are you from?  DH is from Southwest VA. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks! I am originally from Va Beach and my husband grew up in Columbia, SC and finished high school in Chantilly, VA. We lived in Fairfax/Potomac Falls for 5 years while I finished school and then worked in McLean while he traveled a lot. With LO on the way it made sense for us to be together so we moved up here for his work. I like it a lot so far but it is much quieter than the DC area!

What brought you up to NY? 

• Options

I'm from the Buffalo area but got my M.A. at GW and stayed for a few years to work.  My husband and I met in Dulles, VA and he moved up here in 2006.  He went to high school outside Roanoke, VA and lived there until 2004.  He certainly doesn't love the climate but he's fairly settled here. 

And I understand trying to deal with the quiteness.  I used to live and Foggy Bottom and before I moved back to Buffalo I lived in a tiny town  in south central ny where everything closed at ten.  I used to be afraid to walk down dark, quiet streets in the village! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"